Author Topic: SRRV Info  (Read 14573 times)

Online bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: SRRV Info
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2015, 09:38:04 AM »
LIS,

Thanks for the information on the NBI clearance and Barangay Residence requirement.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: SRRV Info
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »

You didn't mention what type of SRRVisa you obtained

I recently obtained what's called the "Expanded SRRV" for U.S. military members

That is exactly the option that I chose.  We did our application through the Subic/Clark satellite office with Sky.

I have been doing the "Balikbayan suffle" for 5 years now. 

We came here from a tiny island territory of the US.  Getting a police clearance from them would be time consuming and problematic at best.

I opted to wait until the last 6 months on my current Balikbayan stamp to apply for this residence visa. 

The 5 year minimum requirement, if it is a requirement and not just an added thing for our specific case, took me by surprise.

Depositing the $1500 was a nightmare.  Took half a day at the Landbank branch, only to be sent packing to our local bank.  At first they told us we had to travel to Manila to a specific Makati branch to do the deposit.

That went over like a loud fart in church with me.  So the "debate" started and finally ended two hours later with the branch VP calling Sky directly.  After that it was pretty smooth sailing.

Thanks for the information on the NBI clearance and Barangay Residence requirement.

Your very welcome.  Hope I help someone else.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog