Author Topic: New Section 13 visa requirements ~ 2008  (Read 20389 times)

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
Re: New Section 13 visa requirements ~ 2008
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »
You can also have the 13a done in CDO. When I extended for the next two months in Tagbilaran, I mention my intentions about getting my 13a. The agent let me know to make sure my papers were notarized and I could get it done in CDO since I was going down to Mindanao or Cebu or Manila if I changed my travel plans.
CDO? That must be something new. When I went for my 13a, I was given a choice of Manila or Cebu (Mandaue). God Bless....

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 03:52:34 AM »
yes, apparently new... last may I was there and just did a 2 month renewal (did not inquire as to the 13a, wish I had.) They were all computerized then and they were proud that they had all this new equipment.  Even though the manager in Tagbilaran said I could file in CDO, I think I will call them directly to double check before I leave Bohol.  When he said CDO along with Cebu and Manila, I questioned him about the 13a and CDO a second time and he assured me that they could do that now....???  Still, a phone call may save me a lot more travel cost and time. LOL
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 09:09:44 AM »
Steve, don\'t you owe us an update, as promised ???? ;D

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
Steve, don\'t you owe us an update, as promised ???? ;D
I\'m going back to Cebu May 5th & 6th to start my 13a prob to perm. God Bless....

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »
A question I have in regards to the 13a.

I have the stamp in my passport, but haven\'t received my I-Card yet.

Do I need to check-in with the local BI Office or wait until I get the card issued?

I applied in Cebu last Dec. and was told a couple of times now, that the card hasn\'t arrive from Manila yet.
B-Ray

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 01:22:14 PM »

Do I need to check-in with the local BI Office or wait until I get the card issued?

I applied in Cebu last Dec. and was told a couple of times now, that the card hasn\'t arrive from Manila yet.
B-Ray
If memory serves, you will receive a text message from the I-Card dept that your card is in assuming they have your cell number. You can also call the I-Card dept yourself at 032-343-3598 to inquire on your status. Make sure you have the application number handy for sometimes they ask for it. Figure on approx 3 months from the day you applied for it.
God Bless....

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 02:09:19 PM »

B-Ray
If memory serves, you will receive a text message from the I-Card dept that your card is in assuming they have your cell number. You can also call the I-Card dept yourself at 032-343-3598 to inquire on your status. Make sure you have the application number handy for sometimes they ask for it. Figure on approx 3 months from the day you applied for it.
God Bless....

I believe my temporary I-card was ready in a few weeks, but I did not collect it until my next visit to Manila several months later. The change to Permanent can be all done in the same day. I am not sure if we got special treatment because we were travelling from Palawan. I know we had to pay the lawyer that interviewed us P500 \'express\' fee which almost certainly went into his beer fund ;D

Colin

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »
Thanks guys! I do have an apt. number and since 3 months was offered as a target, I\'ll wait until the end of this month and contact the ones doing things for me. shucks I\'m paying them!! LOL

Offline 71574

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
I am a european, an airline pilot working in Asia for more than 15 years. I plan to marry a Filipina and reside and work in the Philippines as an airline pilot. Is there anybody out there who had the same case as I have? I see that airlines here only hire Filipino Citizens. Is there anyway I can get Citizenship by marriage?

Offline jminoki

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »
I am a european, an airline pilot working in Asia for more than 15 years. I plan to marry a Filipina and reside and work in the Philippines as an airline pilot. Is there anybody out there who had the same case as I have? I see that airlines here only hire Filipino Citizens. Is there anyway I can get Citizenship by marriage?

It looks like at least Cebu Pacific Airlines has at least one French pilot. See linked news article. What type of pilot are you? The French pilot was flying a large turboprop according to the article.
http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2009/march/17/yehey/prov/20090317pro2.html

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 08:47:42 PM »

Yes, but it requires several years of residency.  What would you do in the meantime?   ???  You could explore the possibilities of marrying your Filipina, obtain a 13a visa and then perhaps you would gain the capacity to work as a pilot.  All of these, however, require years.  I hope you have a better plan.  Do you have a girlfriend yet?   ;) 
Louisville, KY USA

Offline stella

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 09:27:01 PM »
 Hi, everyone;

I just want ask about notarized application letter from Filipino spouse, Where i can get it this. My husband and I wants to apply for a 13(a) visa.
 Please help me.

thanks!

Offline stella

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »
 Hi

I just want to ask about notarized application letter from Filipino spouse, Where i can get this. My husband and I wants to apply for a 13(a) visa.
 Please help me.

thanks! 

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 07:35:06 AM »
Hi

I just want to ask about notarized application letter from Filipino spouse, Where i can get this. My husband and I wants to apply for a 13(a) visa.
 Please help me.

thanks! 

The letter is simply a request from you that your husband be granted a 13a visa. I can\'t remeber the exact wording, but if you go to a notary that is familiar with the 13a proceedure, they we tell you what to write and notarize it. If you are applying in Manila, there are dozens of \'touts\' outside the Bureau of Immigration and they will take you to a lawyer/notary who will sort out all the paperwork for you. Just make sure that you have copies, and originals, of all the official papers relevant to you, your husband and your marriage. And a good supply of 1x1 and 2x2 photographs  ;D

Colin

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 09:21:53 AM »
Hi

Please help me.

thanks! 

There is a sample letter that you can download and cut/paste from the BI web site.... short and to the point.
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog