Author Topic: My Experiences in Getting Here  (Read 10283 times)

My Experiences in Getting Here
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »
If one of the moderators feel the attachment means this should be filed in another location, please feel free to do so. I cover The flight over, Going through Customs, and the first few days here so I cross a couple of topics.

I have attached a Word (2203) document that my friends asked for. It reflects some of the things I went through in the planning, travelling, and settling in periods. What is missing is all the great advice that received from folks on this forum, some of which I took. And I paid a price for not taking some. One difference in my flight from others is that I elected to fly business class. I am a big guy who does not play well with others in cattle class and for 15+ hours in the air I wanted it to be a pleasurable as well memorable experience. I do not regret the choice in the least as you will note in my attachment.

So without further words, please enjoy and feel free to ask if I raise any questions.

Oldsalt

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Re: My Experiences in Getting Here
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »
For those without MS word I quoted it below... Looks MUCH better in word though (hmm - on 2nd thought ... removed the quote   ;D ) You can read to see why...

But after reading - I agree - I cant remember the last time I flew coach for the flight here... 1st/business is a MUST !

But .. Im changing airlines... because you said...

I still rank Finn Air #1, but that is only because the First Class fight Attendant meets you (and wears throughout the flight) in an evening gown and serves you

Wherever that plane goes.. i will go !   8)
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline Knowdafish

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »

I still rank Finn Air #1, but that is only because the First Class fight Attendant meets you (and wears throughout the flight) in an evening gown and serves you

I couldn\'t find a pic of a Finn Air Stewardess in a night gown using google  :\'(, but I did find a website that shows all the different garb each airline has them wear.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Beauty-of-Stewardess

And yes, they are all fully clothed!

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
 Every time i am in Moons Caffe at Grand Mall i look for a big guy who looks like he has spent too much time in rainy far north west USA.

Saw a big dude today and almost said \"Hi Oldsalt\"

:D

edit: just noticed attatchment, thanks.

Offline MikeBal

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »
Oldsalt, I admire your self discipline. I always intend to do what you\'re doing with the diet and exercise on our trips to the Philippines, but that only lasts until the first morning when I hit the breakfast buffet at the hotel.  :)
Mike from San Antonio

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 10:24:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that the room at Waterfront at the Aiport was such a disappointment.

Our room was great...P5500 for a full suite......I was landing at 03:00 and wanted somewhere close to airport that Glo could check into before I arrived

Only spent the one night but was worth the extra dough.

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 04:03:18 AM »
Great report.  One I\'m sure many newbies will find quite interesting.  Glad you made it. 
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 03:40:41 AM »
Excellent post John!  This one earns a sticky!   :)  :)  :)
Louisville, KY USA

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 07:31:29 AM »
Great to hear you made it over John. Great post too, gives a good incite to what to expect here.

I only arrived a couple of days ago, and I can still see why it would be fairly daunting to any newbie, clearing the airport, and just getting to where you want to be. I\'ve been dozens of times, but it is still chaos passing through Manila after the airport.

I hope you do well with the weight loss, as it will make life so much more comfortable and pleasant in this heat and humidity. I\'ve lost 30 lbs in the last six months, fairly easily at first, but it has stalled now, just won\'t go any lower 200lbs.

We only have cold showers in our house, and there is no finer way to wake up each morning that forcing myself under one.  ;D

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 12:25:23 PM »

We only have cold showers in our house, and there is no finer way to wake up each morning that forcing myself under one.  ;D

with your palangga!!!!

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 01:51:45 PM »
Now, now....this is a family forum ;) ;) ;)
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »

I know what you mean. I have hot water but I end the shower with 3-4 minutes of full cold. It cools me down and you are right, it sort of sets the new day in perspective.

Oldsalt

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 04:40:18 PM »

I know what you mean. I have hot water but I end the shower with 3-4 minutes of full cold. It cools me down and you are right, it sort of sets the new day in perspective.

Oldsalt

same...i use warm to help rinse soap and finish off with a cool finalee. Though i will often have a very brief cold rinse just to freshen up.

Offline fharz

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 10:05:56 PM »
What are your experiences in getting here? do you have some any great experiences you would like to share with us?
Signature Deleted by Admin

Offline vercoes

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 09:14:06 AM »
How does one read the attachement that was \"removed\" by the Admin...why was it removed??

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog