Author Topic: New long stay 6 month visa  (Read 16981 times)

Offline daniel_ita

Re: New long stay 6 month visa
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:42 PM »
This has been active for a couple months.  There are catches and changes.
1. It's a sticker, not a stamp.
2. It's only available at the main branch in Manila.

So, if you live our far in a province, or like me and many on here, a different island completely, then it's not much more of a hassle and probably cheaper just to keep hitting you local immigration branch every 2 months.

I will live in Mandaluyong....its not a big problem for me to go in BI office in Intramuros
Maybe i not understand your answer....because i ask about the form to fill for have a 6 months visa.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 10:34:08 PM »

I will live in Mandaluyong....its not a big problem for me to go in BI office in Intramuros
Maybe i not understand your answer....because i ask about the form to fill for have a 6 months visa.

Daniel,

I'm not the expert, but I think it's this form:

CGAF for Tourist Visa Extension.pdf

I found this 5 lines down on the BI site you linked to.

Hope this helps
Louisville, KY USA

Offline daniel_ita

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 01:00:58 AM »
Thankyou  ;)

Offline daniel_ita

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 03:32:36 AM »
Sorry if you get annoyed with my doubts about 6 months Visa.
Today i was in Milan (Italy) and i make a 59 days tourist Visa. I payed it 27 Euro (around 1.675 pesos only). A good price!!! :D
My question is: the total amount  for 6 months extension will 6.800 pesos? (4.300 pesos +500+500+500+500+500 pesos)
I read just now in the BI website the price for make the extensions in the follow table:

Thankyou.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 05:29:21 AM »
Yes, Daniel, I believe you are correct.  You must pay the full 6 months of extension fees.  The advantage is that you don't have to go every 2 months, which for many means additional travel and lodging expenses.   At least that is the way I understand the law.
Louisville, KY USA

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 07:19:16 AM »
Sorry if you get annoyed with my doubts about 6 months Visa.
Today i was in Milan (Italy) and i make a 59 days tourist Visa. I payed it 27 Euro (around 1.675 pesos only). A good price!!! :D
My question is: the total amount  for 6 months extension will 6.800 pesos? (4.300 pesos +500+500+500+500+500 pesos)
I read just now in the BI website the price for make the extensions in the follow table:

Thankyou.

I cant say for sure but I reckon once you add the cost for ACR card etc the cost for a 6 month visa will be around the 12k mark..
500-600 US $$ a year or there about..
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:23:32 AM by fred »

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 07:23:14 AM »
http://www.philembassy.org.au/information-on-the-long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-scheme.html
(this is from the RP Embassy Australia website, but I'm sure the fees for the long stay visa is the same from any website)

The Bureau of Immigration launched on 10 June 2013 the Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE) scheme to encourage tourist arrivals in the Philippines. 

Under the LSVVE: 

* Foreign nationals can enjoy longer visa extension (six months) under a single transaction. 

* The visa costs Php 13,900 for visa-required nationals and Php 11,500 for non-visa required nationals. 

* Foreign travelers can prolong their stay in PH without the need to frequently visit BI for processing of
   documents. 

* The maximum stay given to nationals under EO 408 is 36 months, while visa-required nationals are given 24
   months. 

* A new visa sticker will replace the wet stamp used by BI in implementing extensions of stay in the passports
   of foreign nationals. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:37:08 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline daniel_ita

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »

(this is from the RP Embassy Australia website, but I'm sure the fees for the long stay visa is the same from any website)

The Bureau of Immigration launched on 10 June 2013 the Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE) scheme to encourage tourist arrivals in the Philippines. 

Under the LSVVE: 

* Foreign nationals can enjoy longer visa extension (six months) under a single transaction. 

* The visa costs Php 13,900 for visa-required nationals and Php 11,500 for non-visa required nationals. 

* Foreign travelers can prolong their stay in PH without the need to frequently visit BI for processing of
   documents. 

* The maximum stay given to nationals under EO 408 is 36 months, while visa-required nationals are given 24
   months. 

* A new visa sticker will replace the wet stamp used by BI in implementing extensions of stay in the passports
   of foreign nationals.

Thankyou for ur reply....but the Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE) is mean for people there in Philippines more than 16 months?
In the BI website i read:
Who can apply?
A foreign national with accumulated total stay near the 16-month cap from the date of their latest arrival. This is not available to visa-required nationals whose stay exceeds twenty-four (24) months and thirty-six (36) months for non visa-required nationals.

I cant say for sure but I reckon once you add the cost for ACR card etc the cost for a 6 month visa will be around the 12k mark..
500-600 US $$ a year or there about..

With my calculations the extension for 6 months, after my 59 days tourist Visa is 6.800 pesos+ 2.700 pesos (ACR ICard 50$ + 500pesos)= 9.500 pesos
I know....its only a theoretical calculation....maybe i forget to add some other fees for some require documents!

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
Has anyone out there got one of these 6 month extensions? Maybe they could explain as Philippine Immigration can't.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 02:32:54 PM »
Daniel,
The way I read it, before your 59 day visa is about to expire, go to the main BI office in Manila to apply for your 6 month long stay tourist visa extension if you do not want to do the every 2 month visa extensions and pay the appropriate fees for the first 6 months, which also includes your ACR I-Card good for 1 year! That is the purpose of this LSVVE Program so that you won't have to go back to Manila BI office every 2 months and can stay up to 36 months continuous as  long you continue to apply for your visa extension every 6 months!
IMO the 16 month visa cap you call it does not apply here, only for the every 2 months visa extensions! Don't associate, combine or get confused by the two visa extension schemes!     
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:32:34 PM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 06:02:33 PM »
6 Month Extension

Here is what I paid for a 6 month extension in July 2013.  I needed an ACR-I card so those fees are included.

My most recent action before obtaining a 6 month extension was a downgrade from a Probationary 13A visa to a temporary visitor 9A good for 59 days (June 10, 2013).  This was my first application for an extension after the downgrade.  My last date of entry was Feb 06 2013 while still under the Probationary 13A visa.  So the fees listed below probably will be a little different for someone else applying for a 6 month extension.  (The Amendment Fee is not normally included.)

AMENDMENT FEE (628)              500
LEGAL RESEARCH FEE (131)          80
VISA FEE (628)                            1000
MNTH EXTN APPL FEE (621)       900
MNTH EXTN FEE (628)               3000
ECC FEE (613)                                700
CERTIFICATE FEE (613)                 500
ACR I-CARD FEE (628)                 2170
VISA STICKER FEE (628)                100
Subtotal                                    P8,950.00

EXPRESS LANE FEE (000)            1500
EXP LANE FEE(CERT) (000)         1000
EXP LANE FEE(I-CARD) (000)        500
Subtotal                                    P3,000.00

Total                                        P11,950.00

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 02:02:27 PM »
I was told by the BI office (which btw is on speed now) that you have to go to Manila to get the long term extension
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »
I was told by the BI office (which btw is on speed now) that you have to go to Manila to get the long term extension
Exactly correct Coleman.  The 6 month visa extension comes with a sticker, not a stamp extension. My last time in Tacloban talking with Immigration I asked about if that will be leaving Manila to the local branches.
The boss was their and he said that until stickers become regular for all office, it won't and I'd have to go to Manila for the 6 month extension.
Now, the word is their is an attempt underway for all extensions to become sticker extensions.  If that comes to be, I'm betting the 6 month extensions become common in all branches not too long after.  Anyway to make money.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline sacalait

• Just an American who paid way too much taxes, for others to collect???
  • Sr Member
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 02:01:33 PM »
Hello Lee,
I will be going to get my first 6 month visa in tugeguegaro in a couple weeks. I got the first extension in Manila for 3k, which gave me 60 days. Juliets brother will take me to the BI. I will bring extra $ just in case??

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »
It appears the prices have gone up some too. When I went to extend last week it seemed that the cost was over a 1000php more than normal. There was any add ons like ACR or anything like that. I didn't question it because one way or the other you still have to pay if you want to play here.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog