Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Forum meet up
« Last post by Lee2 on Today at 07:11:31 AM »
Cebu is to big and congested for me. I like it as a place to visit for no more than 5 days. In my 12 years in the fils I prefer living in Dumagate and if you want a larger city Cagayan De Oro=probably the least cost metro city in the fils.
I met my wife in CDO and we have spent a lot of time there over our years of marriage, so I would second your vote, yet in past years the power went out too often when compared to Cebu, I guess it is all a matter of taste. Welcome to the forum...
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Forum meet up
« Last post by nerd4444 on Today at 07:07:58 AM »
Im game, what do the folks here think about Cebu...lodging, cool places and central for most of us...as for the date, unless there is a emergency, we are good for anytime..Im retired and Maline can get away...I usually fly from Cebu anyway as Tacloban is a 30 min flight from here.  As far as I know from Tacloban, only Manila and Cebu are options...for flying.  Personally i think its a great idea, does anybody know when Jack is availible, haha Im sure he will read this so he can answer ....Diba your invited also, even if your a boot hehe...its up to us
Cebu is to big and congested for me. I like it as a place to visit for no more than 5 days. In my 12 years in the fils I prefer living in Dumagate and if you want a larger city Cagayan De Oro=probably the least cost metro city in the fils.
Interesting article in the Cebu SunStar talks about a possible ulterior motive for the proposed ban:

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/opinion/2018/01/16/seares-tall-buildings-ban-unstated-agenda-584123
Immigration,Visas to stay in the Philippines / ACR 1 Card
« Last post by danilo666 on Today at 01:08:31 AM »
After a year on the Balikbayan, do I have to pay for the ACR 1 card if I choose to extend my stay as allowed for an extra year?
Philippines News / Re: BI to deport British fugitive nabbed in Cebu
« Last post by BudM on Today at 12:28:11 AM »
I can see that this is one of those threads that the more people (all around) try to explain what was said or implied, the more people can be confused about what is said and possibly some hurt feelings might come out of it.  I would rather not see that.  I think we all know that the law should be followed in a civilized society.  So, just to keep the peace on it, I will elect to not say anything else about it.  Although, in closing, I would just like to say that it sure would be nice to hear about them just stringing him up.  Upside down and tie the knot where it would do the most good.
Philippines News / Re: BI to deport British fugitive nabbed in Cebu
« Last post by medic3500 on February 22, 2018, 06:00:19 PM »
I never implied that I was supporting the guy for his crimes. I am against anyone molesting a child in any shape or form as everyone else. My comment was directed more at following the laws that are already on the books. The guy is a fugitive from another country where he was tried, convicted and sentenced. My question was and still is why should the Philippines be responsible for maintaining him if he has broken no laws here. If he has in fact over stayed his visa requirements then of course use that as a way of locking him up until he is deported. Sorry If I try to use the common sense approach but as we all know not much of that happening here.
Relationships / Re: Divorce in the Philippines
« Last post by JoeLP on February 22, 2018, 03:05:22 PM »
Really hopes this passes and is signed.  I think if congress puts it through Duterte will sign it.

If I was forced to bet money on it, I am not all that confident it happens.  See the Catholic church putting up a fight big time.  But hope it does pass.
Relationships / Re: Divorce in the Philippines
« Last post by Lee2 on February 22, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »
This looks very interesting and would solve many problems in this country.

https://news.mb.com.ph/2018/02/22/house-committee-okays-bill-on-absolute-divorce/
Sounds like great news for many who now find themselves stuck.
The final legislative proposal cites the following as grounds for absolute divorce:

Physical violence or grossly abusive conduct directed against the petitioner, a common child or a child of the petitioner;
Physical violence or moral pressure to compel the petitioner to change religious or political affiliation;
Attempt of respondent to corrupt or induce the petitioner, a common child or child of petitioner to engage in prostitution;
Imprisonment of respondent for more than six years, even if pardoned;
Drug addiction or habitual alcoholism or chronic gambling on the part of respondent;
Respondentís homosexuality
Bigamous marriage contracted by respondent
Marital infidelity or perversion or having a child with another person other than spouse during marriage, except upon mutual agreement;
Attempt against the life of the petitioner, common child or child of petitioner
Abandonment by petitioner or by respondent without justifiable cause for more than one year.
The bill also provides for annulment of marriage by maintaining the same grounds already provided under Article 45 of the Family Code of the Philippines.
Relationships / Divorce in the Philippines
« Last post by iamjames on February 22, 2018, 02:43:51 PM »
This looks very interesting and would solve many problems in this country.

https://news.mb.com.ph/2018/02/22/house-committee-okays-bill-on-absolute-divorce/

one in Austria who was dug up back in 1809 after he was buried so that he could be beheaded. 

Now that's a grudge.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog