Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Hi Everyone
« Last post by D. Williams on Today at 12:24:24 AM »
Welcome
Living in Cebu / Cebu mayor to police: Kill a criminal, get P50,000
« Last post by Lee2 on December 13, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »
It sounds like the vigilante hit squad of the past will be back on the streets.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/951883/cebu-mayor-to-police-kill-a-criminal-get-p50000
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Hi Everyone
« Last post by Lee2 on December 13, 2017, 09:05:49 PM »
Iím Barry, in PH at the moment, but moving for good from the UK in several months.  Very few expats appear to live where I plan to move to; Alaminos City, Pangasinan, I like it here, itís very near to 100 Islands with plenty of places to explore.

Iím just going through the motions of applying for the SRRV retirement visa.

Barry, welcome to our friendly group. If and when you have time, maybe comment on the process of getting your SRRV in our
Visa Section so others can learn from your process and it would be great to hear more about that area of the Philippines in the proper sections too.
Internet Connections & TV / Re: Internet Woes
« Last post by HappyBee on December 13, 2017, 03:12:49 PM »
On the one hand competition is always a good thing.   Corporate collectivism is definitely the villain here.

On the other ..... Well ...... Communist collectivists are not noted for freedom of speech or the free flow of information.  Their infrastructure is designed for censorship and control.

We may end up with all the bandwidth in the world ..... and be too afraid to say anything.

Just thinking.

Guess I am excited for completely selfish reasons, like having good quality and less expensive internet :D
Meet Your Neighbors / Hi Everyone
« Last post by Bazzank on December 13, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »
Iím Barry, in PH at the moment, but moving for good from the UK in several months.  Very few expats appear to live where I plan to move to; Alaminos City, Pangasinan, I like it here, itís very near to 100 Islands with plenty of places to explore.

Iím just going through the motions of applying for the SRRV retirement visa.
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Kingfisher living in Puerto Princesa City Check in
« Last post by bigrod on December 13, 2017, 08:30:19 AM »
What we have is just a private beach house with a few guest rooms. Nothing commercial as we are taking it easy here.

Are the people staying in the guest rooms, paying a fee?  If they are it is a business enterprise(commercial), if they are not then you are great host.

Chuck
« Last post by Kingfisher on December 13, 2017, 07:37:06 AM »
What we have is just a private beach house with a few guest rooms. Nothing commercial as we are taking it easy here. 
« Last post by D. Williams on December 12, 2017, 11:50:06 PM »
Welcome. I Hope to read more about your adventure. How did you manage to open a resort as two foreigners, what type of visa are you using?
« Last post by Lee2 on December 12, 2017, 11:18:01 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. We are from France and S'pore and decided to live our dream to have B&B by the beach.  :)

That is great, sounds like you are living the dream, just please do not mention the name or exact location since the rules of this forum
http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=48245.0
prohibit members from promoting themselves or their businesses, I am sure members will contact you directly via private message if they are interested.
« Last post by FastWalk on December 12, 2017, 10:30:50 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. We are from France and S'pore and decided to live our dream to have B&B by the beach.  :)

That sounds like fun.

Warm welcome.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog