Author Topic: How much is too much?  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: How much is too much?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 10:52:28 PM »
I wish Jack would come back and take over again and that the other moderators and admins would post more often, so I can be just a regular member.

Also, BTW I am a moderator on another forum and hardly ever post on there.

I still login to read occasionally, but post infrequently for many reasons. First off, I spent over 10 years moderating Don Herrington's two online groups. I was one of the original creators of this forum and took on the job of Administrator for Don's groups when he openly asked for someone to take over. I served my time and did my job to the best of my ability. But after being verbally beat up, falsely accused and threatened with physical harm I decided it was time to retire from moderating. One of our members put it best when he said it was like a divorce. You may still have connections, but the love is gone and it won't come back. So, I read when I have time, comment when I feel compelled and still suffer abuse by people who know little to nothing about me. I'm very misunderstood.

I remain a member of both of Don's groups and will continue to read, offer my opinion and share my experiences with the membership. Right now I'm sitting in Kentucky struggling to keep my business afloat. I have one niece in college who will graduate, most likely with honors, next year. WooHoo! We're working to set aside money for a trip next September-October to see her graduate and to visit with one or two close friends (Dan, Mark, take note   ;))

As far as taking the reins of the forum back and leading the team? Not a chance. I do feel bad for leaving in such a lurch, but as I said, I had reached the point of no return. It was either retire with some degree of dignity, or kill the forum entirely. The latter was never an option.

Louisville, KY USA

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 11:04:18 PM »
I still login to read occasionally, but post infrequently for many reasons. First off, I spent over 10 years moderating Don Herrington's two online groups. I was one of the original creators of this forum and took on the job of Administrator for Don's groups when he openly asked for someone to take over. I served my time and did my job to the best of my ability. But after being verbally beat up, falsely accused and threatened with physical harm I decided it was time to retire from moderating. One of our members put it best when he said it was like a divorce. You may still have connections, but the love is gone and it won't come back. So, I read when I have time, comment when I feel compelled and still suffer abuse by people who know little to nothing about me. I'm very misunderstood.

I remain a member of both of Don's groups and will continue to read, offer my opinion and share my experiences with the membership. Right now I'm sitting in Kentucky struggling to keep my business afloat. I have one niece in college who will graduate, most likely with honors, next year. WooHoo! We're working to set aside money for a trip next September-October to see her graduate and to visit with one or two close friends (Dan, Mark, take note   ;))

As far as taking the reins of the forum back and leading the team? Not a chance. I do feel bad for leaving in such a lurch, but as I said, I had reached the point of no return. It was either retire with some degree of dignity, or kill the forum entirely. The latter was never an option.
IMO no one will do as good a job as you did, so for that and for all the knowledge I have gained along the way being a member of this forum, let me say thank you to Jack.

The forum is poking along and I doubt it can ever be as good as it once was, yet, it would be great to see some more of the members posting to prove me wrong.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »
IMO no one will do as good a job as you did, so for that and for all the knowledge I have gained along the way being a member of this forum, let me say thank you to Jack.

The forum is poking along and I doubt it can ever be as good as it once was, yet, it would be great to see some more of the members posting to prove me wrong.

Thanks, bro. Appreciate the kind words. It was my pleasure for many years to serve this community. I, too would love to see more of the members posting, if for no other reason than just to become familiar with more people
Louisville, KY USA

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2017, 10:17:27 AM »

I remain a member of both of Don's groups and will continue to read, offer my opinion and share my experiences with the membership. Right now I'm sitting in Kentucky struggling to keep my business afloat. I have one niece in college who will graduate, most likely with honors, next year. WooHoo! We're working to set aside money for a trip next September-October to see her graduate and to visit with one or two close friends (Dan, Mark, take note   ;))  Noted Beer will be cold.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2017, 12:39:38 PM »
I wish to echo Lee's sentiments and give a big thank you to you Jack.  You did a great job.  Sad that some people are weak and let words lead to physical threats or actions. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 05:33:23 AM »
But after being verbally beat up, falsely accused and threatened with physical harm I decided it was time to retire from moderating.

Jack.

Donít ever forget the other side of that coin, that there are also plenty of us who appreciated all you did and we all felt  it was a great loss when you were no longer involved.

Thank you  Jack

And

Thank you Lee

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 05:50:54 AM »
Jack.

Donít ever forget the other side of that coin, that there are also plenty of us who appreciated all you did and we all felt  it was a great loss when you were no longer involved.

Thank you  Jack

And

Thank you Lee
For my part you are welcome but it is not just me who has replaced Jack, there is Chuck, Dan and Steve for admins in alphabetical order and Joe for a moderator, and we still have Rufus (admin) who checks in once in a while, so I surely cannot take all the credit, without them taking care of things, often behind the scenes, a lot might not have gotten done.

So let me say thank you to Chuck, Dan, Steve, Rufus and Joe for all your help.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2017, 03:23:45 AM »
For my part you are welcome but it is not just me who has replaced Jack, there is Chuck, Dan and Steve for admins in alphabetical order and Joe for a moderator, and we still have Rufus (admin) who checks in once in a while, so I surely cannot take all the credit, without them taking care of things, often behind the scenes, a lot might not have gotten done.

So let me say thank you to Chuck, Dan, Steve, Rufus and Joe for all your help.
The honor is mine sir.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2017, 04:42:44 AM »
A large "Salamat" to all of you who posted kind remarks. As posted earlier I still login and read but I don't always post. I'll try to post more often.

Dan, I'll give you a heads up when we visit so we can get together for a few cold ones. You and Lyn need to come by our place also so you can meet the whole barkada. I can promise that you'll be crawling back home.  :D

LIS, same with you, sir. Glo and I will make every effort to visit with you and Ester. I'm looking forward to seeing your whole operation and get a few tips on solar power
Louisville, KY USA

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 06:22:03 AM »
I will make every effort to visit with you and Ester

Bring an appetite.  Standing by with spit roasted Rabbit, Camote fries, and Coleslaw. 

Maraming Salamat Po

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2017, 12:46:50 AM »
Bring an appetite.  Standing by with spit roasted Rabbit, Camote fries, and Coleslaw. 

Maraming Salamat Po

The Italian sausage Ester was making looked awfully good!  :D
Louisville, KY USA

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2017, 07:44:52 AM »
Italian sausage

There is something to be said for a woman who spends her anniversary preserving food with her sisters.

I am still waiting for Genesis

8)

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »
I miss real veal.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog