Author Topic: Hello My name is Javier, just moved to Iloilo from Texas..  (Read 752 times)

Offline AggieExPat

• Born in Chicago and Raised in Texas...
Hello My name is Javier, just moved to Iloilo from Texas..
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:20:14 AM »
Howdy, Name is Javier Lopez lived most of my life in South Texas and have been happily married for 14 years with my wife who is Ilonga  We just relocated to the Philippines where my wife is helping out in her family's businesses..

I have been here a month and I am just interested in meeting others from the states or from other countries.  I am adjusting to the lifestyle but do miss the comforts of home and sometimes would like to hear others perspectives to the culture and life here.

I am big college football fan, I am nurse and a educator.  I have been mostly involved in health care and health care education.  I hope to continue to do this here but hopefully in a more relaxed setting.

Again, just wanted to say hello. 
Javi Lopez

Iloilo City, Iloilo

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
Re: Hello My name is Javier, just moved to Iloilo from Texas..
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:51:05 PM »
Howdy, Name is Javier Lopez lived most of my life in South Texas and have been happily married for 14 years with my wife who is Ilonga  We just relocated to the Philippines where my wife is helping out in her family's businesses..

I have been here a month and I am just interested in meeting others from the states or from other countries.  I am adjusting to the lifestyle but do miss the comforts of home and sometimes would like to hear others perspectives to the culture and life here.

I am big college football fan, I am nurse and a educator.  I have been mostly involved in health care and health care education.  I hope to continue to do this here but hopefully in a more relaxed setting.

Again, just wanted to say hello.

I was just in Iloilo, too bad you did not post this a couple weeks ago.   I really enjoyed it there, great food, fairly clean town.   I stayed down near smallville and they have an incredible pub/restaurant there as well (best I have been to in the Philippines).   HUGE NFL fan here, and still get the NFL sunday ticket so I am able to watch whatever games I want to each week.   My buddy works down there, so I may venture that way again in the next couple of months.  I will let you know.  Welcome to the forum. 

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:44:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum Javier...and welcome to Living in the Philippines.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 11:04:12 PM »
Welcome Javier
Londoner at heart

Offline AggieExPat

• Born in Chicago and Raised in Texas...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »
Thank you all..
Javi Lopez

Iloilo City, Iloilo

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog