Author Topic: 23 years for us  (Read 212 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
23 years for us
« on: October 03, 2017, 12:55:50 AM »
The wife and I just passed 23 years of marriage and 26 plus years of knowing each other, she has been a blessing and I do not know how she puts up with me.  8) How long have you all been married or in a relationship?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: 23 years for us
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 06:30:33 AM »
Best wishes for your 23rd Lee!

You are well ahead of us.  Together about 16 years, 14 years married.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:39:07 AM »
Congrats Lee on the 23 years.

Only 5 years with Tina, none married. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:47:12 AM »
Known each other for 36 yrs, been married for 30 yrs now.
The 6 yrs was due to our long distance courtship before we got married.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 10:44:53 AM »
Myrlita & I as of 11/24 is 10 yrs married. Congratulations to all of you.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 10:27:48 PM »
congrats to all you old timers :) 

we are just 12 years.

Offline piozam13

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 11:31:21 PM »
Congratulations.  You've made it!  I  feel if you've been married for 7 years - you gonna stay married forever.

Just wondering - how long did you  stay in a bad relationship?  How long before divorce?

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 11:39:47 PM »
Congratulations.  You've made it!  I  feel if you've been married for 7 years - you gonna stay married forever.

Just wondering - how long did you  stay in a bad relationship?  How long before divorce?
My first marriage was 16.5 years with the last year or so of it being a problem, the first wife wanted the divorce, not me, and I am sure that I was partially responsible but it was her who went through a mid life crisis, not me.

Anyway the first wife did me a favor because I would have had to work forever if we had stayed married, boy could she spend money, now Nila is a blessing and wastes less in a year than my first wife could waste in weeks, thus our back and forth lifestyle to make Nila happy is the least I can do, since she wants to live in the Philippines and I would prefer to live Florida, after trying our part time life there for 4 months a year for about 5 years and visiting there yearly for the last 23 years, now we do around 3 months a year and I think I may have to cut it back to two eventually as my health deteriorates as I age, I will be 70 next year.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Frosty

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 05:55:27 AM »
its almost 24 years

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 02:27:25 AM »

Gloria and I have been in a relationship for almost 18 years, married for 17. I'm at the break-even point since my first marriage also lasted for 17 years, with my first wife being the one to demand the divorce. She wanted to be the on "in charge" of her life. The divorce ruined me emotionally, as well as financially. I spent the next 10 years working on improving myself and learning from my many mistakes. When I met Glo I had been praying fervently for someone to spend the rest of my life with. Seems Glo was doing the same. Our goals were remarkably similar. We both wanted someone who would stay faithful, be family oriented and willing to work together to make a life. So far we've been doing just that, in spite of life's challenges. I've truly been blessed
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog