Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: New Set-up
« Last post by Gray Wolf on Today at 01:59:53 AM »
Gary this is Bob. I think I am here with a gmail address

Thanks

Bob

Hey Bob! Gray Wolf here! Welcome back!  :)
Money Exchanging / Re: First trip money questions
« Last post by Gray Wolf on Today at 01:45:41 AM »
I want to thank all of you,, Especially Grey Wolf, Lee Art and Bud,, you guys are men of honour and I appreciate whenever you guys post anyting

Who? Me?  :D :D  You're welcome!  :) :)
« Last post by D. Williams on April 26, 2018, 06:21:59 PM »

Thanks

Bob
Welcome Bob to this group.
EU Data Protection Changes effective May 25 2018

These “updates to personal data permissions” (my words) notices that Yahoo, Twitter and others have been floating online lately, and have been the subject of discussions on another of Don’s “Living in the Philippines” sites, are due to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations which will be effective on May 25 2018.

I've been doing a little bit of research on this one, mainly from the UK’s Information Commisioners Office < https://ico.org.uk  > and the EU’s Article 29 Working Party (links from the ICO site) so the following may explain why the likes of those above have started to send out the "Sign up on our terms or eff off!" notices.

In 2016 after a series of personal data leaks by internet and corporate entities, the EU Parliament tasked their Information Commissioners to formulate, and put into effect, new regulations on how organisations hold personal data. The result was the “General Data Protection Regulations” with the start date of May 25, 2018.

These regulations require that any data collected, must be with the explicit permission of the “data owner”. They also must let the “data owner” (you, me) when requested, know what information is held on him/her. It also covers non-EU citizens who are resident in the EU. eg. A Canadian living in Germany, will have the same rights to know what data is held on him/her, as would a German national. It appears not to cover EU nationals not resident in the EU, unless the “data owner” is still registered with a EU profile. I have a yahoo.co.uk profile and I got a “renewal notice” on that account, even though I am resident in the Philippines.

Taken from the (UK) ICO website at < https://tinyurl.com/ybd4gkwn  >

< .The GDPR applies to processing carried out by organisations operating within the EU. It also applies to organisations outside the EU that offer goods or services to individuals in the EU.  >

What this means is any company/organisation/entity, no matter where they are located, which has clients in an EU country, will be bound by the EU regs. Think of Amazon, Ford USA, a Cancun dive shop, the “Australian” newspaper subscription department, the Wall Street Journal, Yahoo, Facebook, even my SF and Veterans’ group sites and offline databases are affected. In fact, any entity which collects and stores any type of personal data and you can see who this will affect. (There are exemptions for law enforcement data collection and exchanges over national borders.)
As to why some got them from yaboo and others didn’t, may be because they can't figure out who is in the EU and who is not, as <at yahoo.com> could be resident anywhere.

Those with an email address of: < at yahoo.com.ph> should be in the Philippines., : < at yahoo.com.om > would be in Oman, etc. etc., and may not be asked to “renew” their permissions, but with the ease of travel and the use of VPNs or IP blockers, who knows where anyone is at one moment in time?

All IMHO of course.  8)

Peter
« Last post by Lee2 on April 26, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »

Thanks
Bob
Welcome to the forum Bob, I am going to guess you are part of the Yahoo groups, hope you enjoy this format as well and become an active participant, and yes, you used a gmail email address but I believe that only admins will see it. Feel free to ask questions and after a couple more posts your posts will no longer be hidden to await administrator approval.
Cellphones, communication in general / Re: NTC moves to end ‘nakaw’ load
« Last post by Lee2 on April 26, 2018, 11:13:20 AM »
The system here is that you must use your load within 15 days. After that you lose it all. The change in legislation just seems to mean that they have to give you advance notice when your load is near the end of 15 days.
Load validity depends on how much you load, for instance
P2   3 days validity   
P5   3 days
P10   3 days
P15   15 days validity   
P20   15 days
P30   15 days
P60   30 days validity   
P100   30 days
P200   60 days validity   

p300 and up loads now has one year validity
Smart https://tinyurl.com/yccqt3zv
Globe https://tinyurl.com/y8da9kw7

We load with p500 loads both Smart and Globe and whenever we check it shows a one year validity.
Also whenever I get a p1,000 eload, it shows one year validity and I also get 200 free texts.
« Last post by Peter on April 26, 2018, 11:05:48 AM »

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

Not Gary, but welcome to the forum from me. Many interesting posts and great info in the many sections and their archives.

The Admins and Moderators keep us all in line with a light touch. LOL!  :) :) :) :) :)

Looking forward to your inputs.

Regards,

Peter

Cellphones, communication in general / Re: NTC moves to end ‘nakaw’ load
« Last post by iamjames on April 26, 2018, 10:44:22 AM »
The system here is that you must use your load within 15 days. After that you lose it all. The change in legislation just seems to mean that they have to give you advance notice when your load is near the end of 15 days.
Meet Your Neighbors / New Set-up
« Last post by Robertedward77 on April 26, 2018, 04:16:29 AM »

Thanks

Bob
Cellphones, communication in general / Re: Magic Jack Plus, the new Magic Jack
« Last post by Lee2 on April 25, 2018, 12:16:34 PM »
With my MJ it is more about being able to receive calls from banks, credit card companies and Fidelity than me making calls on it but I do keep in touch with friends and they keep in touch with us via phone calls and text messaging to our MJ app.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog