Author Topic: Facebook and cutting data use  (Read 717 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Facebook and cutting data use
« on: January 26, 2017, 11:00:52 PM »
For those of you who only have limited data on your phones or home connections, it might be a good idea to stop the autoplay of videos on facebook and other sites you visit.

On Facebook go to to right and pull down to settings
Then on the left will be videos
then pull down autoplay and shut it off

Anyone else have any tips to save data?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Facebook and cutting data use
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
If you use Youtube it can use up to a gig in one hour. Go to settings on the bottom right of youtube screen and click on "quality". This goes from 240 up to HD. 240 will use about 300 MB in an hour but if it is on HD it would use over a gigabyte. This changes with each Youtube depending on the upload.

I am on a new Bayantel connection. Speed is excellent (15Mg - with download speeds of 1,500kbps) but there is a limit of 150 gigabyte per month. If three or four are using the system this can be easily reached so I have banned music video viewing!

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Re: Facebook and cutting data use
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:18:08 AM »
The speed test at speedtest.net uses 10MB; a 5 MB file is sent to do the download test and a 5 MB file is sent to do the upload test.  (Sorry but I don't know where the article is located where I read that.  It was an article on minimizing data usage.)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog