Author Topic: Just did a trail run doing my 2016 tax e-filing  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Just did a trail run doing my 2016 tax e-filing
« on: January 27, 2017, 12:03:04 PM »
I got all of my Form 1099Rs via my U.S. Government websites. I decided to do a trail run using Turbo Tax on-line again for this tax year.
Our previous last 2 years of taxes were done for free with Turbo Tax and will do it again for free for 2016. BTW, a foreign address are now being accepted on the IRS tax forms e-filed from Turbo Tax. 
Since our taxes are so simple to do, it just took me about 45 minutes answering all of Turbo Tax's questionnaire. Couldn't e-file our taxes yet, because forms for State are not yet available, but Turbo Tax will notify me via e-mail when the forms for State are available. Anyway, we're in no hurry to file our taxes.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Just did a trail run doing my 2016 tax e-filing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 08:30:18 PM »
I guess you are lucky Art, it is almost the end of January and I only have two forms and need many more, I hope they come soon so I can do my taxes before we leave for Cebu next month, otherwise I will just file an extension and finish them when we get back.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »
I got all of my Form 1099Rs via my U.S. Government websites. I decided to do a trail run using Turbo Tax on-line again for this tax year.
Our previous last 2 years of taxes were done for free with Turbo Tax and will do it again for free for 2016. BTW, a foreign address are now being accepted on the IRS tax forms e-filed from Turbo Tax. 
Since our taxes are so simple to do, it just took me about 45 minutes answering all of Turbo Tax's questionnaire. Couldn't e-file our taxes yet, because forms for State are not yet available, but Turbo Tax will notify me via e-mail when the forms for State are available. Anyway, we're in no hurry to file our taxes.

I got mine fro MyPay but not SSA site.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:12:51 PM »
Since I have an account with the SSA site, they mailed me my 1099R to my Texas mail forwarding service, which scans all my mail and I just download what documents I want a copy of or I can request to have them mail it here at my home in the P.I..
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog