Author Topic: USD Check Deposit To Your USD Philippine Bank Account  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: USD Check Deposit To Your USD Philippine Bank Account
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 11:23:27 PM »
When I deposited our U.S. personal check into our BPI USD account, their $5.00 service fee was immediately debited from our BPI USD account. 
I just wonder if one of these days our U.S. bank will start charging me a service fee cashing our personal checks coming from the Philippines.
I should bite my tongue huh?
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 01:05:28 AM »
Every month I withdraw over P20,000 most of our monthly cash expenses over the counter without being charged a service fee. Now according to their new list in their increase of service fees, they will now charge me a P100 service fee withdrawing cash over the counter, but they will not charge the P100 fee only when their ATMs are off line. The problem is, I can only withdraw P20,000 a day from their ATM when on-line.
Anyway, what's a P100 once a month? It won't break our piggy bank.
Just a correction, if a cash withdrawal over the counter is over the ATM withdrawal limit of P20,000, there is not a P100 service fee.
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 05:00:11 AM »
Art what do you have the Express teller Blue card?  If you can get the Express teller Gold car it is 50,000 a day.

Chuck
Thanks Chuck, good to know, I either did not remember that or did not know it, we have Gold cards since we have had a BPI account for somewhere around 20 years now, so our dollar and one of our peso accounts has Gold cards but we always use the account with the blue one for ATM withdrawals since we keep that one with a low balance in case we ever get hit by a skimmer. What I do is go online and move the money into our blue card account when we know that we will need it and then withdraw it or use the card to make a purchase, otherwise I only keep p3,000 to p5,000 in that account, so I use that blue card as sort of a safety account.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:35 AM »
Art what do you have the Express teller Blue card?  If you can get the Express teller Gold car it is 50,000 a day.

Chuck
Now that I can still withdraw cash over the counter without being charged a service fee, I won't need a Gold ATM card after all. The P100 service fee does not pertain to withdrawals over the counter of more than P20,000 when an ATM is on-line and or off-line. It's a no brainer, just use the ATM withdrawing less than P20,000.
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »
Some of these new fees must be waved for those of us who have gold cards, I recently sold our extra condo studio unit and converted a lot of the money to dollars, thus deposited over $5,000 in cash and was not charged a fee.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »
I don't think BPI never ever charged a fee for depositing dollars in cash, just paper U.S. dollar checks for deposit.
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog