Author Topic: Site unreachable?  (Read 938 times)

Offline JD

• Sr Member
Site unreachable?
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:22:12 AM »
I couldn't reach the forum yesterday, all day, via PLDT. The error was "server returned no data". This has hapoened a few times this month. Is it on my end or was there a problem?

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Site unreachable?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:25:46 AM »
I couldn't reach the forum yesterday, all day, via PLDT. The error was "server returned no data". This has hapoened a few times this month. Is it on my end or was there a problem?
The problem is with the forum, the server company has been working on it, thanks for asking and thank you for being an active member.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
By the way, if a member wants to know if it is them or any site, paste in the url into this site and it will tell you.
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »
It had happened to me also for a couple of days now.
Below was the error message I was getting:

502 - BAD GATEWAY
Anti-DDoS Filter cannot connect to protected host.
Most likely the firewall (CSF?) on protected host blocks filter IP addresses due to a large number of requests.
If you are the administrator, please disable the firewall or whitelist the filter IP's.

Glad it's now fixed.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline JD

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 01:56:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Lee. That must be make-you-crazy stuff. Looks like Art and I got two different server responses.  :o

Offline copusmaximus

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 04:07:16 PM »
lol i have had issues over the past 2 months on and off i just put it down to slow internet yet i was on fb at same time no issues .at least now i know was not my end thanks for update.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
I had some problems accessing the site a month or so ago, but it is OK now.
Londoner at heart

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 06:06:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Lee. That must be make-you-crazy stuff. Looks like Art and I got two different server responses.  :o
Doesn't bother me one bit since I do not own the forum and Don the owner is hardly ever on these days so it surely does not bother him but I suspect it bothers members since they cannot use it when they might wish to and thus these attacks are directed at pissing off members. It is called denial of service attacks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

There is apparently someone out there who is extremely jealous of this forum since it was the very first one about the Philippines and thus the copycats wants to destroy it and have apparently paid someone to cause these attacks, thus if members wish to support this forum and keep it alive, then making more posts would probably drive the attackers crazy.  ;)

I am now back to being an administrator so that I can get into the administrator control panel to see if there is anything else that can be done within the settings to stop those DoS attacks but I doubt it since the other admins likely know more than I do.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 06:55:01 AM »
No matter what, this forum will live long and prosper as long the reins of ownship is passed on and if not I guess it will no longer continue to operate. We all can't live forever can we?
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog