Author Topic: age demographics of members?  (Read 360 times)

Offline David690

• Sr Member
Re: age demographics of members?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 11:01:13 PM »
69 years young last November.  Fortunately enjoying good health and still working.  Tried retiring every year for the past 6 years but company always put pressure on me to stay, however, I am determined to make the break this year.  Happily married to a 31 year old Filipina, who shares my passions of travelling, sailing and motorcycling.  I have built our house in Davao, so everything in place for the move over there full time.
Looking forward to exploring more of the country and further afield to Vietnam, once place in Asia I have never visited.
Londoner at heart

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 12:44:44 AM »
69 years young last November.  Fortunately enjoying good health and still working.  Tried retiring every year for the past 6 years but company always put pressure on me to stay, however, I am determined to make the break this year.  Happily married to a 31 year old Filipina, who shares my passions of travelling, sailing and motorcycling.  I have built our house in Davao, so everything in place for the move over there full time.
Looking forward to exploring more of the country and further afield to Vietnam, once place in Asia I have never visited.
The important thing is that you don't mind working and enjoy doing your job.
I didn't like or enjoyed doing my job, so I took an early retirement at age 49 and immediately moved to the Philippines. 19 yrs later we're still here and enjoying our retirement lifestyle.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »
53,  still planning to move.   Filipina wife is onboard with the idea now.  Probably couple years as we work to close out our local (usa) business.   Visiting at least once a year.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
The important thing is that you don't mind working and enjoy doing your job.
I didn't like or enjoyed doing my job, so I took an early retirement at age 49 and immediately moved to the Philippines. 19 yrs later we're still here and enjoying our retirement lifestyle.
Yes I love my job, so in many ways it makes the breaking to retire more difficult.  This year I am determined to stop working, just need to finish a few more projects first.........
Londoner at heart

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • A happy retired Aussie living a relaxing lifestyle
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 12:12:10 PM »
55.  56 June this year, lucky to have retired early due to a hurt on duty injury.  Moved here just before my 50th birthday with my pinoy partner after having lived together in Sydney for 5 yrs or so.
I have never seen the world brighter and less prosperous.

Offline marshie

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 12:42:24 PM »
30, turning 31 this year. Reading that people are retired, a lil wishfully thinking I am too

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »
Will be 69 this Sep. Yes, we enjoy the retirement lifestyle here. I've been retired now for 19 years. Retired early at age 49. I didn't like or enjoyed my job, but put in 30 years of sevice to retire 6 years early.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:04:00 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 09:16:53 PM »
55.  56 June this year, lucky to have retired early due to a hurt on duty injury.  Moved here just before my 50th birthday with my pinoy partner after having lived together in Sydney for 5 yrs or so.
You have me beat by one month.   Wow Santa Rosa huh, I never realized how many people are in the Cavite Laguna area.   We really should all get together sometime for a few beers.   Just how many are in the Tagaytay, Santa Rosa, Dasma, Gen Trias area? 

Offline copusmaximus

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 10:36:04 PM »
i am 53 living in imus cavite atm . yes jj maybe make a diff post with all those close by .

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog