Author Topic: Why do you think she did this?  (Read 196 times)

Offline Lee

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Why do you think she did this?
« on: April 17, 2017, 04:42:56 AM »
Jealous maybe? trying to cause problems maybe? sticking up for each other?

Well luckily my wife is not the jealous type but if she was then this possibly could have caused issues.

So I go to McDo to meet an expat friend for coffee at 11am, sit around over an hour because it was raining out and I wanted to wait until it let up and then head back to our condo.

I get back to the condo and at 2:30 the wife decides to take her niece and nephew to McDo for a meal before they all head down to Mindanao on a ship, I am not going to make the trip to Mindanao this time as my health has been off more than on since we got here this trip over, and the heat knocks the heck out of me and there is no place to cool down where her family lives.

Anyway we get to McDo and the wife walks up to order and I sit down with the nephew and niece and we wait for our food, well I see the cashier talking to my wife and looking over at me and then back at my wife, so when my wife gets to the table she tells me the cashier said "mam your husband was here earlier" and left it at that. So a couple of things come to mind and I ask my wife is that all she said and the wife say yes.  :o

Can any of you image what could happen to an expat with a jealous lady if that happened to them and the wife had not known he was there earlier. Again thankfully my wife is not jealous and she has now even left for a week to go visit her family in Mindanao but what if it had been one of you guys who does have a jealous lady? What if your lady did not tell you and instead just went quiet. Maybe never a good idea to go to the same place that you frequent with your lady, or maybe a good idea to tell your lady to make sure to have the cashier or anyone else expound whenever they give her a bit of information like that.

So guys, why do you think the cashier even told my wife that?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Why do you think she did this?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 06:14:32 AM »
Maybe she was just sticking up for each other of her own kind and not necessarily from jealousy or to cause trouble, but of course could happen indirectly, when what is seen mistakenly misconstrued by the observer.
In short, think before you act and or leap when eyes are upon you and are wide open for interpretations!   
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 11:06:59 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something Lee but i can't see the problem in the cashier telling your wife that you were there earlier.  Did your wife not know that you had been there, or does she not like you to go there?  It's not like you were there with another woman, so i can't see the problem.
Londoner at heart

Offline Lee

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:51:49 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something Lee but i can't see the problem in the cashier telling your wife that you were there earlier.  Did your wife not know that you had been there, or does she not like you to go there?  It's not like you were there with another woman, so i can't see the problem.
David it is no problem with my wife since she trusts me 100%, the point I was trying to make is that what if my wife was a jealous wife like many expats have, and what was the point of this woman even telling my wife or any wife that I/we had been there before?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 03:11:28 AM »
Yes I can see your point Lee, but in all probability the cashier was just commenting in a general way that she had seen you earlier.  Wouldn't feel that was necessarily borne out of any intention to create mischief or cause problems, but I am a Philippines newbie with a lot to learn........
Londoner at heart

Offline Lee

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 03:30:13 AM »
Yes I can see your point Lee, but in all probability the cashier was just commenting in a general way that she had seen you earlier.  Wouldn't feel that was necessarily borne out of any intention to create mischief or cause problems, but I am a Philippines newbie with a lot to learn........
All of us are chick magnets here in the Philippines, I cannot walk around the malls or just about anywhere without some chick trying to pick me up, that rarely happens to me when back in the states, so some guys wives and especially gf's get jealous, I know that I am lucky to have a wife who trusts me but I guess I have earned that trust over our 23 years of marriage.

So guys, it might be at mcdo or just about anywhere, some lady might tell your lady you were already there. or there yesterday, or there last week, best to make sure to not be with a lady who is too jealous or to be prepared for such types of events, that is my point of this thread, it is apparently easy to get caught here, even if you happen to be a low key player.

Offline JD

• Sr Member
  • Late of Seattle, living in Davao.
    • AdoboHamburger.com
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »
Sounds like  the FOH* at work, to me.

*Fraternal Order of Hens
"All we need, really, is a change from a near frigid to a tropical attitude of mind." - Marjory Stoneman Douglas
--------------------------------------------------
www.adobohamburger.com

Offline trevor

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 02:11:19 PM »
I understand what you are saying Lee. All filipino are gossipers from my experience. Everyone knows everyone business, no one can keep a secret. Well if more than one know then it is not a secret anyway.
Maybe she is looking to make friends with your wife. Or just likes to talk.
Never look down on anyone and always extend a helping hand. Tomorrow the role may be reverse.
Life is what you make it. Nothing to do with luck.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 05:07:29 PM »
I prefer my kind of arrangement. My GF, who has a great sense of humour,  says to women who show an interest... "do you want him? I am going to Japan to work soon and he will need a GF." They then show a face of total bemusement and confusion and do not know what to say.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »
That seems like a safe arrangement alright.
No strings attached.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline marshie

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »
Looks like the cashier thought that it may help your wife to know that you were there earlier. By not saying anything more than that, the cashier thought that it is upto your wife to think what it means with maybe 50% giving a warning to your wife that you can be fooling around or not. Just my opinion on why she did it :) People tend to give unsolicited comments and stories.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog