Author Topic: question about CHAMPVA Claims in the Philippines  (Read 3362 times)

Offline acruz

question about CHAMPVA Claims in the Philippines
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:59:16 AM »
I\'m planning to retire in the philippines.. I\'m wondering how to file a CHAMPVA Claims from the philippines?

Thank you

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Re: question about CHAMPVA Claims in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
Here is their website ---> http://www4.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/claim.asp

They have an 800# that may be of more use to you... maybe a visit to the VA on Roxas Blvd - in the US embassy... here is that number  1-800-733-8387
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline Thomas55555

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »
You have to do it by mail they won\'t accept a fax. Best thing to do if your going to live here in the PHl is get Philhealth it is 1200php per year then CHAMPVA pays 100%. Because philhealth is your primary and champva is secondary again they pay one hundred percent although philhealth pays little to nothing still makes you qualify.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:39:38 AM »
You have to do it by mail they won\'t accept a fax. Best thing to do if your going to live here in the PHl is get Philhealth it is 1200php per year then CHAMPVA pays 100%. Because philhealth is your primary and champva is secondary again they pay one hundred percent although philhealth pays little to nothing still makes you qualify.

Good idea to have double insurance coverage.† It certainly beats the alternative, being denied service or being held hostage in a hospital while the family tries to come up with the money to pay your hospital bill so they will release you.†
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog