Author Topic: The Dignified Burial Act of Veterans 2012  (Read 2681 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
The Dignified Burial Act of Veterans 2012
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:51:27 PM »
This act has passed both the House and the Senate as of 31 Dec 2012 and is awaiting signature by the President.  This act finally places the Clark Veterans Cemetary under the maintainance and control of the American Battle Monuments Commission and affords it National Cemetary status.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: The Dignified Burial Act of Veterans 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:29 AM »
'Bout time!  Our servcemen deserve to be taken care of even after passing on.  Good news!
Louisville, KY USA

Offline marie_phils

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:09:52 AM »
Hello Sir(s),

My husband passed away and I would like to know if the US Embassy or Veterans affairs will send their representatives on the day of my husband's burial to honor him for the service to his country?.  He was an Iraq Veteran.  Almost 19 years in Service.  I live in Antique right now and things might be complicated.  I am asking because some of you probably knew someone a US Military who passed away here in the Philippines.  Your advice will be very much appreciated. 

Sincerely,
Marie.

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »
'Bout time!  Our servcemen deserve to be taken care of even after passing on.  Good news!

Im a little slow, does that mean a vet that is in the Philippines can be buried there?
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:19 AM »
The Angeles City VFW post website has links for those questions I believe.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »
http://www2.mozcom.com/~rao_cabr/raonews1.htm
Sorry for the caps, I just copied and pasted it from the Angeles City RAO website as is.

CLARK VETERANS CEMETERY BURIAL COST: YES, THERE IS EXPENSE TO DEPART THIS WORLD:  FULL BODY BURIAL ₱12,000.00, OR CREMATION BURIAL ₱ 3,000.00Ö YOUR REQUEST MUST BE PROCESSED VIA VFW POST 2485, ANGELES CITY AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION IS: DEATH CERTIFICATEóBURIAL PERMITóDD FORM 214 AND DONíT FORGET THE PESOSÖ. BURIAL PROCESSING TIME IS NOW THREE DAYS AND CREMATION BURIALS WILL BE MON-FRI AND FULL BODY BURIALS ON TUE-FRI... SOURCE OF INFO: VFW POST 2485

http://www.vfwpost2485.com/
http://www.vfwpost2485.com/Clark_Burial_Services.pdf

POINTS OF CONTACT
To coordinate services or for further information contact:
John Gilbert 0919-928-0984
Carl Burke 0920-836-5588
VFW Post 2485 Office 63 45 892-7147
Or visit the VFW Post Home at:
381 Santol Road (Corner Santol Rd. & Pinatubo St.)
Clarkview Subdivision Angeles City, Philippines

Note:
There was a ban on Clark AB's funeral burial services, but I think the ban has been lifted, but call the VFW 2485 to confirm this.

http://www.vfwpost2485.com/Clark_Burial_Services.pdf

November 25, 2014 11:02 AM, A L Post 123 wrote: A unique interpretation of a 2013 memorandum of understanding between the US Embassy in the Philippines and a Filipino government agency has led to a controversial suspension of burials at the Clark Veterans Cemetery (CVC) in Angeles City.

The cemeteryís superintendent, Larry Atkison, works for the ABMC and assured The American Legion that his office is doing everything it can to resume burials. ďThe effort to get the suspension lifted is still being worked," he said. "We are continuing to engage the Philippine government at different levels. Hopefully soon, I will have good news for you.Ē
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:19:02 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline mikbal

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »
According to the VFW post 2485, burials have resumed (there was one sked for yesterday).  If you have any questions about any possible benefits for you associated with your husbands service, to include benefits derived from the Veterean's administration, the VFW can probably also help you with that.  On occasion I have emailed the VFW Post in Angeles and have gotten prompt repsonses.
Also,I don't know if he's still there but Jim Boyd at the rao (rao_cabr@mozcom.com) has always been helpful.

Mike

Offline marie_phils

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 10:03:41 AM »
Thank you very much Gentlemen for your replies.  I will certainly call Mr John Gilbert or Mr Carl Burke.  Again, thank you very much.  The information who have given is very helpful.  God Bless. 

Marie

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog