Author Topic: New Category added Politics/Religion & General BS-ing  (Read 22223 times)

Offline David690

• Sr Member
Re: New Category added Politics/Religion & General BS-ing
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2017, 11:45:25 PM »
Hi Lee
Please remove me from this group.
Thanks,
David
Londoner at heart

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2017, 12:38:58 AM »
Hi Lee
Please remove me from this group.
Thanks,
David
Done, sorry to see it was not for you, the forum had hoped members would shape those sections into whatever members wanted it to be by posting topics that they and others would enjoy and enjoying the freedom that section gives members to post basically whatever they wish, of course within reason and of course without anything illegal or sexual.

:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2017, 01:04:49 AM »
Done, sorry to see it was not for you, the forum had hoped members would shape those sections into whatever members wanted it to be by posting topics that they and others would enjoy and enjoying the freedom that section gives members to post basically whatever they wish, of course within reason and of course without anything illegal or sexual.

Lee
It isn't that the content isn't for me, so much as the attitude of some of the posters.  Without going into details, let's just say that I was brought up to always talk to people in a respectful way, even if I didn't agree with their point of you.  I don't need to be challenged to provide evidence or proof to support my opinions or beliefs.  They are what they are, my opinions.
Enough said.
Thanks,
David
Londoner at heart

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2017, 01:17:47 AM »
Lee
It isn't that the content isn't for me, so much as the attitude of some of the posters.  Without going into details, let's just say that I was brought up to always talk to people in a respectful way, even if I didn't agree with their point of you.  I don't need to be challenged to provide evidence or proof to support my opinions or beliefs.  They are what they are, my opinions.
Enough said.
Thanks,
David
Got you, that is why you will often see me post IMO (in my opinion) or IMHO (in my humble opinion) since it is hard for someone to argue with an opinion when listed as such. Too often some people (not necessarily you) post things as if they are facts or taken as if they were facts, without backing up what was posted, thus others sometimes ask for proof, but if posted as an opinion, then that should be enough and end that discussion. Your opinions are always welcome and valued on this forum, as far as I am concerned...
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2017, 02:48:33 AM »
Got you, that is why you will often see me post IMO (in my opinion) or IMHO (in my humble opinion) since it is hard for someone to argue with an opinion when listed as such. Too often some people (not necessarily you) post things as if they are facts or taken as if they were facts, without backing up what was posted, thus others sometimes ask for proof, but if posted as an opinion, then that should be enough and end that discussion. Your opinions are always welcome and valued on this forum, as far as I am concerned...

Your thinking is in line with my own Lee, regrettably that is not the case for some here.  No matter, it is what it is.
I will continue to enjoy the forum, but stay away from certain posts and topics.  I don't need confrontation in my life, nor do I need to justify my opinions to anybody, certainly not someone that I have never met or ever likely to.
IMHO you might find more people inclined to post or respond to posts if there was a more congenial atmosphere.  IMHO......
Hey don't sweat it Lee, you do a great job and by and large I do enjoy the forum.
Londoner at heart

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2017, 02:12:17 AM »
Your thinking is in line with my own Lee, regrettably that is not the case for some here.  No matter, it is what it is.
I will continue to enjoy the forum, but stay away from certain posts and topics.  I don't need confrontation in my life, nor do I need to justify my opinions to anybody, certainly not someone that I have never met or ever likely to.
IMHO you might find more people inclined to post or respond to posts if there was a more congenial atmosphere.  IMHO......
Hey don't sweat it Lee, you do a great job and by and large I do enjoy the forum.

For many years the owner of this forum and the original Yahoo group did not allow posts concerning politics or religion to be posted because they always became volatile. Only within the last couple of years have we "experimented" with politics and religion on a limited basis and only within the limits of this now special topic. We tried several sets of rules in the past, but they always devolved into shouting matches and hurt feelings. So far this topic has maintained a relatively fair set of posts, but it's an always dangerous endeavor when personal feelings and belief systems get intertwined.
You hit the nail n the head when you said you stay away from certain topics and posts. That's the best way to handle it. I liken it to TV. If you don't like what's being shown, flip the channel and watch something more to your liking. There's something for everyone somewhere in this forum.  :)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2017, 06:25:14 PM »
I like your comparison to TV, avoiding certain channels  :)
Londoner at heart

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog