Author Topic: Remittance for SRRV  (Read 628 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Remittance for SRRV
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 08:17:25 PM »
Take my word for it, any ex-military with a DD-214, retired or not are eligable to apply for the Expanded SRRV.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 08:49:25 PM »
I was in the Navy but was in only four years.

Art is correct.  For ex military its a good setup.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »
I was in the Navy but was in only four years. I'm guessing that I am excluded from the courtesy SRRV. Does anyone know?

I am not a military retiree.  I was only in for 6.  I assumed I was not eligible but I was wrong.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 10:40:09 PM »
I would not go as far as saying any ex-military with a DD-214 without checking with them.  I kind of doubt that they would accept a crap DD-214, like Birddog or one of those guys, although I could be wrong.

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 12:09:06 AM »
I was in the Navy but was in only four years. I'm guessing that I am excluded from the courtesy SRRV. Does anyone know?

The page I linked to doesn't say anything at all about military service. I guess it may be covered by another visa type. I'm not military/ex-military so I don't know.

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 12:21:58 AM »
This also raises another issue: what happens to the deposit if you die in Philippines?  :o

I would imagine this could potentially be a nightmare - how would you cancel the SRRV if you are dead? This would probably be a major headache for kids to get that money back - especially if they are trying to do it from UK.

I am going to have to sit down with someone there to thrash this through. No luck making an appointment yet though!

Extension in-country looks more attractive by the day!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 04:37:04 AM »
You guys who worry about everything to do with it after questions have been answered should not worry about it.  If it isn't for you, then it isn't for you.  It is not beneficial to everyone, especially if it keeps you up at night.  Don't let anyone try and sell you on something you don't want.

Offline blindman

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 06:07:56 AM »
Take my word for it, any ex-military with a DD-214, retired or not are eligable to apply for the Expanded SRRV.

Thanks for the information Art, Lost, and Bud.  Good to know.
Mike........

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 06:30:03 PM »
Thanks for the information Art, Lost, and Bud.  Good to know.
You are welcome.

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »
If it isn't for you, then it isn't for you.  It is not beneficial to everyone, especially if it keeps you up at night.  Don't let anyone try and sell you on something you don't want.

Well, the problem is how do I know if it's right for me or not if I don't know how it works?  ;D

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »
Well, the problem is how do I know if it's right for me or not if I don't know how it works?  ;D
That is why it is ok to read what other people mention on the internet so you can get an idea what your up against but the best thing is to contact or visit the PRA and hear what they say.  If you call, it is also best to get names along with date, time and what the subject was discussed in case you hear different later and need to confer with other people there.  If you don't have any military time as you say or be a diplomat of some type, to my knowledge you would need to be a Noble Peace Prize or Olympic Medal winner or some other big stinking crap thing or important person in order to qualify.  I don't know how ex-military fits in with all that hobnob stuff but it does according to the list I have seen.

As everyone knows, you can not necessarily bank on what you hear or read on the internet.  So I suggest you get in touch with PRA if you think you might have eligibility or want to clear it up any more than us lost souls are able to help you.

Offline Brisbane

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 09:41:01 PM »
The page I linked to doesn't say anything at all about military service. I guess it may be covered by another visa type. I'm not military/ex-military so I don't know.

Its called an Expanded special courtesy SRRV visa.

The rules have changed a lot and more people are eligible for it but best to get the latest details from the correct people at the PRA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog