Author Topic: Guns in the Philippines  (Read 14438 times)

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Guns in the Philippines
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »
As I said before I think safety is an important issue. Safety traveling, in public, in oneís home, itís important to anyone living in or considering moving to the Philippines or anywhere else for that matter. Oneís perception of safety will affect almost all your important decision. Many factors play into the perception of safety.

Learning and trying to understand everything  thatís going to affect oneís safety is important. The subject of crime, police, weapons, guns, will all be part of that discussion. Iím not one to want to close my eyes and wish bad stuff will go away. Nothing will simply go away just because you refuse to think about it. I want to have a thorough understanding of how things are, good or bad I want to know what is.

Why anyone might be bothered by that, I donít understand.

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »
HOW COMMON IS THAT?

Where I am at it is very common. 

Please keep in mind that the RP was the forward munitions facility for the American Hegemony for more than a century.

And we all know that military logistics never mis-places a bit of ordinance.  ;)

Every farmer out there probably has a military grade weapon stashed some where.

Now doesn't everyone see the logic in this discussion about guns in the Philippines or anywhere else for that matter? It's like discussing politics or religion which is open to too much controversy, let alone a lot of ranting and arguing among members on here which isn't cool and a turn off to some members already! 

Jack, IMHO you should lock this topic! Don't you or anyone else see where all this is going? Nowhere! No one seems to listen! ??? :o

What is the harm in discussion and debate? 

Even  spirited  debate.

What's next?

You gonna storm into the offices of the Manila times all in a huff because you find their columns boring or pointless?

Demand that they cease and desist immediately?

If you are bored with this thread or do not like it ....... Don't click on it .....
DOH! Small | Large

You are just one of 5748 users here. 

Some of us here are trying to alleviate our boredom in retirement by discussing politics and religion.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:08:10 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »
HOW COMMON IS THAT?

Where I am at it is very common. 

Please keep in mind that the RP was the forward munitions facility for the American Hegemony for more than a century.

And we all know that military logistics never mis-places a bit of ordinance.  ;)

Every farmer out there probably has a military grade weapon stashed some where.

Now doesn't everyone see the logic in this discussion about guns in the Philippines or anywhere else for that matter? It's like discussing politics or religion which is open to too much controversy, let alone a lot of ranting and arguing among members on here which isn't cool and a turn off to some members already! 

Jack, IMHO you should lock this topic! Don't you or anyone else see where all this is going? Nowhere! No one seems to listen! ??? :o

What is the harm in discussion and debate? 

Even SPIRITED debate.

What's next?

You gonna storm into the offices of the Manila times all in a huff because you find their columns boring or pointless?

Demand that they cease and desist immediately?

If you are bored with this thread or do not like it ....... Don't click on it ..... DOH!

You are just one of 5748 users here. 

Some of us here are trying to alleviate our boredom in retirement by discussing politics and religion.

You just said it in your last sentence! That was my point that continuing to discuss guns in the Philippines is like discussing politics or religion which is not allowed on most forums which turns into arguments and or pissing contests among the members on here like what is happening here now with Capital letters and large bold bright colored letters just to make a point!   
Besides, John E., Fred, Colin, Paulgee, Richard, Suzukig1 and PA's OP already covered everything that most foreigners in the Philippines should know or watch out for! I read their posts, understood it and have lived by it to this day while residing in the Philippines! So, what's there not to understand? 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:15:38 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »
Dear Mod, lock this thread please. It seems that each wants to have the last say and won't give up.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2013, 10:35:21 PM »
Dear Mod, lock this thread please. It seems that each wants to have the last say and won't give up.
I 2nd that motion for the 3rd time, but no one will listen!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2013, 04:03:44 AM »
Hitekcountry,
Why you such in a huff with all your CAPITAL letters? Which is also against forum rules BTW? My post was not directed at you personally and I wasn't even the OP! Direct your anger at someone else! Don't shoot the messenger!

Art, you are wrong, again.  Only if a member posts in all caps for the whole post is it not allowed.  Capitalization of a few words for emphasis is and has always been allowed by me.
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Guns in the Philippines (TOPIC LOCKED)
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 04:15:37 AM »
Since some of our members can't stay on topic, I'm going to make one last point and then lock the thread.

Myself, Rufus, Lost in Samoa, HitekCountry, Medic3500, et al understand that we can not own or carry a firearm.  That was never the debate, no matter how hard some of you guys try to make it so.  The debate was the fact that everyone is allowed, by law, to defend themselves and their extended family from attack, be it with a club, a bolo, a chair, a piece of pipe, a rock or whatever is handy.  It is one's God given right!  No one can take that away from us! 

They can write all the laws they want making it impossible for law abiding citizens to own, carry or possess a firearm.  But they can not make us submit to being a victim of violent crime! 

I have always carried a folding knife with me everywhere I go in the Philippines. Everywhere!  I will continue to do everything I can to protect myself and my family from crime, even if it means giving my OWN life to protect and defend my wife! 

DEAL WITH IT!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:18:08 AM by Gray Wolf »
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog