Author Topic: Becareful going to Hong Kong right now!!!!  (Read 3629 times)

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
Becareful going to Hong Kong right now!!!!
« on: November 02, 2013, 08:55:48 PM »
Me and my wife just returned from Hong Kong and now we Both have the Flu. and its real bad case of it, I have had it now for about 5 days until now its still Bad but slowly getting better just a warning to us all going to Hong Kong this time of year.my wifes case is much worse than mine.I hate seeing her suffer with this.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Becareful going to Hong Kong right now!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
Hope you both get well soon.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline daniel_ita

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 03:24:23 AM »
A question: what happen if u enter in Philippines by airplane with fever? In airport have a thermo-camera that scan every passangers after the flight...sometime when i travel there in my winter time (Italy) im scare to have fever...!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:11:50 AM »
WB I hope you and the wife get feeling better soon!   :)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 05:13:23 AM »
A question: what happen if u enter in Philippines by airplane with fever? In airport have a thermo-camera that scan every passangers after the flight...sometime when i travel there in my winter time (Italy) im scare to have fever...!

I'm fairly certain that the thermal imaging camera system in the Philippines doesn't work properly, if it works at all.   :o ;) :D   
Louisville, KY USA

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 08:10:16 AM »
The thermal camera wont work unless you already have fever or pneumonia it usually takes 4 to 6 days after contact to start being sick Today I am taking myself and her back to the hospital as of now we are not getting better we where given Zithro max 500 mil and decongestion pills I suggest you wear a face mask in Hong kong MTR or around any pet shops --here is a link you can goto ---www.chp.gov.hk/en/content/599/32028.html
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:12:24 AM by wildbill »

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 10:01:23 AM »
...we where given Zithro max 500 mil...

If it is the flu this won't work.  The flu is caused by a virus and Zithromax is an antibiotic that only works on bacterial infections.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
I have just had the flu in Manila. You cannot cure a flu - just alleviate the symptoms and sweat it out. Lemon / paracetamol / cloves are great for that in any combination. Make a strong lemon tea to wash down the paracetamol. The Irish fix is Whiskey, hot water, lemon + cloves, sugar. Just take precautions to prevent it developing into chest infection, pleurisy or pneumonia. 

Offline Alsgopherwerks

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 11:24:19 AM »
And the Scots version is Scotch, Honey, Lemon Juice with a little grated rind,  and Ginger
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because God made some very clever fools.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »
Me and my wife just returned from Hong Kong and now we Both have the Flu. and its real bad case of it, I have had it now for about 5 days until now its still Bad but slowly getting better just a warning to us all going to Hong Kong this time of year.my wifes case is much worse than mine.I hate seeing her suffer with this.

I had not gone to Hong Kong but back during the second week of September, I think I had the flu.  It started affecting me on a Sunday and it was Saturday a week later before I felt like even moving.  I was almost ready to go to the doctor but by then, I felt like I was starting to come out of it.  I was pretty sure it was only the flu as about 7 or 8 years ago, I think I got it and this time, I was feeling and the duration was almost identical.  All told, it finally cleared up and I was able to leave the compound and go somewhere about 9 days after it began.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 06:49:46 PM »
...we where given Zithro max 500 mil...

If it is the flu this won't work.  The flu is caused by a virus and Zithromax is an antibiotic that only works on bacterial infections.
Yes it is the FLU suski but I also have phenmonia and that my friend is am infection of the lungs did you know the flu can cause phenmonia and guess what with the flu you will get lots of Drainage to your Lungs right .so what happens if that happen to you. - read this to futher Educate yourself.---Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, nausea; symptoms often progress to severe breathing problems, pneumonia that can result in death.
 Definitive diagnosis requires identification of the viral strain by immunological tests.
 Treatment may include antiviral medication and often requires intensive supportive care.
 Control efforts, including culling infected flocks and vaccinating healthy birds, have limited the spread of highly pathogenic bird flu strains.
 In 2011, a mutated strain of highly pathogenic bird flu appeared, H5N1, which is concerning because the existing poultry vaccines are not very effective against the H5N1strain; in 2013, a new strain, H7N9, appeared in China.
 Human infection with highly pathogenic strains of bird flu is uncommon, with about 622 cases reported as of March 2013 since 1997.
 Human infection occurs primarily in people who have close contact with sick poultry in countries where the virus is found; there have been isolated cases of human-to-human transmission.
 There is no commercially available vaccine for humans against bird flu strains; human infection with bird flu is fatal in approximately 60% of infected humans, but only a small number of humans have become infected since 1997.
 Bird flu from the highly pathogenic strains (for example H5N1) is not found in the United States at this time in birds or humans.
plus I will give you an medical page so is to futher Educate yourself for futur use>>>>>>:)http://www.onhealth.com/bird_flu/article.htm

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »
bud, I have had the Flu many times in my Life. class a and class b. that's is in the US. but this one Tops the cake .I went to a Different Doctor today she wanted to admit me and Tina, but then she said oops, no more space avail she wanted to put us in the hospital and give  us lots of IVs fluids. but she did prescribe some other meds I wont say due to Kids maybe watching the show it maybe offensive to some under the retirement age..we are gonna be okay just warning about hong Kong did not mean to start a War on who's right and who's wrong.take care all.Lock it up there GW...:)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:00:30 PM by wildbill »

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »
What are bird flu symptoms and signs?

Comment on thisRead 1 CommentShare Your Story

Symptoms occur approximately two to eight days after exposure, on average. Infected people experience typical flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, and muscle aches. Some people also have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or eye infections. Children get similar symptoms. This can progress to pneumonia and even respiratory failure. Bird flu causes a very aggressive form of pneumonia (acute respiratory distress syndrome or ARDS) that is often fatal.------there are meds to treat the Flu if the word is if you do it within the certain time if not you treat the infection of the
 pneumonia
http://www.onhealth.com/bird_flu/page4.htm#what_are_bird_flu_symptoms_and_signs
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:29:17 PM by wildbill »

Offline John Edwards

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »
I have had a flu shot and it is supposed to stop all kinds of flu, even bird flu. I am pretty sure it works. About the time I turned 40 I started getting the flu every year. At 45 I started taking the flu shot. It was given free of charge by the company I worked for, more for their own benefit than for us, but it helped us too. I have not had the flu since.

Is there places in the Philippines to get the flu shots? When I had the flu I felt like I had to get better just to die and I never want to be without that protection again.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog