Author Topic: Bill 5572, to be known as the Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act.Passed..  (Read 2265 times)

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
This was in the news and now has passed but the news I can find says its ok by congress..here are some links.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1241032

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/05/13/1454359/anti-mail-order-spouse-act-approved-second-reading

(link to forum removed as per rules)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:04:57 PM by Diba »

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
Re: Bill 5572, to be known as the Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act.Passed..
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »
If this is real, I can be arrested and imprisoned for meeting and marrying my wife 8 years ago. Yeah right

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »
If this is real, I can be arrested and imprisoned for meeting and marrying my wife 8 years ago. Yeah right
I don't think it pertains to people already married to pinays..me to  steve I am married to. whats next ?? Its very real this law has been in the making since 1990 but now has been approved.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:02:17 AM by wildbill »

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »
Matchmaking has been in existence since time immemorial in all cultures. This has to be the most idiotic, and moronic knee jerk reaction, misinterpretation of the situation that I have ever encountered. 'Some cars can crash therefore ban all cars from the road' is the way of Philippine legislation.
My interpretation of 'mail order' brides is where the marriage decision is made regardless. Dating sites, on the other hand, are merely a form of meeting and greeting and making marriage decisions after a normal courtship period. Like so much other stupid legislation this will be ignored - especially if the appropriate bribes are paid.

Why not have a ruling that the foreigner must have proof of knowing the woman for at least six months and then go through a screening process where  a third party will decide as appropriate.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »
Good information Bill, sure seems the more I read, the more it feels like the Philippines does not want us to marry their citizens. :( I am sure happy that I met my wife many years ago before all this anti-foreigner bs started.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 09:22:28 PM »
Good information Bill, sure seems the more I read, the more it feels like the Philippines does not want us to marry their citizens. :( I am sure happy that I met my wife many years ago before all this anti-foreigner bs started.
same here Lee I love my wife and love it here too...lets just see where this goes from now on we should all say we met our wives here in the Philippines while on vacation so as to have no worries.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Bill 5572, to be known as the Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act Passed.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
IMHO, it's actually a good Bill 5572 if it has already been passed by Congress! It will likely get rid of all of those sleazy website dating services for sure, because violating the Bill/Act aka the Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act will give those violating the Act heavy and harsh monetary penalties, including incarceration and or deportation!
Now, those wishing to meet people of the opposite persuasion for personal intimate companionship and or relationships will have to do it "the old fashion way", with "boots on the ground", if and or when this Bill 5572 will be passed by Congress, your title above says "passed", but are you sure? I haven't read the entire Bill yet.
Like most Bills it takes a while to be passed and implemented!   
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:34:07 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 12:22:44 PM »
My God, don't the lawmakers have more important things to attend to?   This right up there for criminalizing selfies in public.
The politics in this county, controlled in part by the Church, the other part by corruption,  will never ever cease to amaze me

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
My God, don't the lawmakers have more important things to attend to?   This right up there for criminalizing selfies in public.
The politics in this county, controlled in part by the Church, the other part by corruption,  will never ever cease to amaze me
At one time, that was true. But.....take a look at the recent US rulings. The founding fathers must be rolling over in their graves by now.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
Re: Bill 5572, to be known as the Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act Passed.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »
IMHO, it's actually a good Bill 5572 if it has already been passed by Congress! It will likely get rid of all of those sleazy website dating services for sure, because violating the Bill/Act aka the Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act will give those violating the Act heavy and harsh monetary penalties, including incarceration and or deportation!
Now, those wishing to meet people of the opposite persuasion for personal intimate companionship and or relationships will have to do it "the old fashion way", with "boots on the ground", if and or when this Bill 5572 will be passed by Congress, your title above says "passed", but are you sure? I haven't read the entire Bill yet.
Like most Bills it takes a while to be passed and implemented!

yes Art it says passed and was in the news on the TV my wife told me about it and click the links I provided for you.plus you can google more on the Topic.This Bill has been in the house since 1990 and this is just been passed may 12th..yes It will be boots on the ground but I wonder if they will enforce it at all.but you never know when it comes to money here....money talks and Bulls walk.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/05/12/15/house-approves-anti-mail-order-spouse-bill-second-reading

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 09:06:45 PM »
On further coinsideration this bill is a pure waste of time and money. The law is against the website owners - so they will simply outsource. Secondly the rule now will be never to admit you met your spouse on the internet.
There are surely more important issues for the Philippine Gov. to be considering.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
The one who pushed this threw must not be thinking clearly I don't want to say this but it looks like a hate thing for sure It has been on the docket for 25 years why she wanted to put it to law now.

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 05:22:50 AM »
The one who pushed this threw must not be thinking clearly I don't want to say this but it looks like a hate thing for sure It has been on the docket for 25 years why she wanted to put it to law now.

Just election time, something to get headlines and keep the Nationalist happy, most of the sites we consider dating sites are out of country and therefore will remain unaffected IMHO...how many times have you seen laws enforced here?
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 08:44:35 AM »

Just election time, something to get headlines and keep the Nationalist happy, most of the sites we consider dating sites are out of country and therefore will remain unaffected IMHO...how many times have you seen laws enforced here?

That's true like many things here  we could sit and name many for sure it prob would not be good for me to sit and name them but we can sit back and relax since we are already married...money talks here.right enforcement comes only if the matters go into the public eyes.

Edit by Steve: Fixed the quote.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:47:36 PM by Steve & Myrlita »

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog