Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Unfortunately for too long the Filipino people have viewed the ocean as a huge magical garbage disposal system, just throw the trash in the river and it will all flow to the ocean and disappear.

There needs to be a massive propaganda effort to educate the population that dumping trash just anywhere is a bad practice with major consequences.

Education, awareness is the answer.

It's not uncommon to be in somewhere that is for the most part a beautiful location except for the fact of some large collection to garbage.

This is a sore spot for me. I do my part and work proactively to prevent my family from contributing to the problem. What can we do, collectively, to help prevent this?

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/08/14/waves-garbage-crash-ashore-in-stunning-footage.html
Real Estate Information / Re: Securing a loan to girlfriend
« Last post by Lee2 on Today at 03:05:10 AM »
My girlfriend wants me to pay the 50% deposit on a house, and then she will pay the monthly mortgage repayments. But I want to try and make this a loan to her secured against the property. Has anyone had any experience of such arrangements and if so can you recommend a lawyer to put it together for us ?
I cannot and will not tell you how to spend your money but I will ask you a few questions,
how can we answer your lawyer request if you do not tell us what part of the Philippines the house is in?
How long do you know the lady?
If you met a lady in your home country and knew her just as long, would you loan her the same amount of money?
How do you know the value of the home she wants you to put money down on?
Have you seen the house?

There are more questions but I think you should get the general idea, and the post above mine basically says what you need to know about Philippine law, a foreigner cannot own land, so if you were to loan her the money, how would you expect to get it back and do you know that most cases in court can take 10 years or more and for a very small price, it is often cheaper to have someone killed than to repay money owed, it happens all the time..

Anyway, the best of luck if you decide to go forward with this.
Real Estate Information / Re: Securing a loan to girlfriend
« Last post by hitekcountry on Today at 01:54:32 AM »
Just be prepared to say good-by to the money, because thatís more than likely whatís going to happen. If you can afford to lose that amount of money and itís no big deal than go right ahead.

They can tell you that you can have your name on the property which for all practical purposes will make no difference at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg2S8VZHa_I
Real Estate Information / Securing a loan to girlfriend
« Last post by jj17 on August 14, 2018, 11:48:39 PM »
My girlfriend wants me to pay the 50% deposit on a house, and then she will pay the monthly mortgage repayments. But I want to try and make this a loan to her secured against the property. Has anyone had any experience of such arrangements and if so can you recommend a lawyer to put it together for us ?
That would be pretty fn hypocritical for them to oppose the return on the grounds of human rights, given the circumstances/activities of Americans when the bells were taken.  All the Philippines Government would have to cite (and they would) is Gen Jake Smith.   Opposing the return would play right into President Dutertes hands

And you don't think they would oppose it, only because, as you and I both know of the person who probably does not oppose it?  Just to try and make him look like a fool.  Yeah, we are talking about a bunch of loons in the US Congress.  Nah, they would not do that.  Yeah, right.
Expat life in Philippines / Re: For those living in Pampanga
« Last post by ABCDeVil on August 13, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »
Hi Tim,

I have a few friends living in & around Angeles City. The better internet, is with Converge at P1500 / month for 20mbs. Fairly reliable, as I used the same company in another area and my friends there know its great. As for the others, If you look around for some gated areas, near the Clark freeport zone, then you are still close to malls, hospital etc, reasonably secure. Like anywhere in the Phils, the elec & water are run by local companies, which are reasonable, but it all depends on your specific location. When you rent here, the local elec & water are easily connected, as the previous tenants had these utilities connected, just pay the bill when it arrives, it works like that here, hehe.  Brown-outs "will" happen, its a thing that goes on here, so folks either buy a generator or just put up with it. My friends living near Angeles City, have the same as we all do. In the rainy season, heavy rain & winds do cause a few extra brown-outs, also the hot summer months can cause them too. Mostly, it goes off for about an hour, then all good. Phone providers are Smart, TalkNText, Globe, Sun, these are the big 4, so look them up and see for yourself. Smart has the biggest share of the market. But coverage for all cel companies can be good and bad, this is all over the country. We all deal with it and get on with life. Its not that bad really, as we travel around the country all the time, our cel works most of the time, all good. There is a very good hospital near Angeles City, called Medical City. They have good service and is pay as you go, or before you can check out.

ABC
Agree 100%
That would be pretty fn hypocritical for them to oppose the return on the grounds of human rights, given the circumstances/activities of Americans when the bells were taken.  All the Philippines Government would have to cite (and they would) is Gen Jake Smith.   Opposing the return would play right into President Dutertes hands
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog