Author Topic: Looking for help and suggestions - my first trip  (Read 577 times)

Offline Smokejumper

Looking for help and suggestions - my first trip
« on: March 27, 2018, 04:14:54 AM »
 :-\Looking for a suggestion of finding a good travel agency in US.
I will be flying from Seattle to Naga ( probably via Manila ) and later to my final destination in Iriga City (probably taxi)
I'm planning to stay there for 3 weeks, how much money should or can I take with me US dollars or pesos - ( I will be renting or staying with "friends")
This will be my firs trip to Philippines - your help will be very much appreciated  :-\ ::)

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Looking for help and suggestions - my first trip
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 08:18:27 AM »
:-\Looking for a suggestion of finding a good travel agency in US.
I will be flying from Seattle to Naga ( probably via Manila ) and later to my final destination in Iriga City (probably taxi)
I'm planning to stay there for 3 weeks, how much money should or can I take with me US dollars or pesos - ( I will be renting or staying with "friends")
This will be my firs trip to Philippines - your help will be very much appreciated  :-\ ::)

If you are looking for a brick and mortar travel agency, I have always been told that the best deals are using one from your point of origination.  So, you might try and find one in Seattle.  If you go internet, there are a couple of guys on here know of an agency or two that they have dealt with of which are apparently good.  Maybe they will respond as I don't remember the agency or mailing address.

Funny thing is, I know a little bit about Iriga City.  I have a friend, who I have known several years of him working in Metro Manila and he just a month ago has made a decision to go back down there.  That is where he is from and his immediate family still lives there.  Income will be harder to come by for them but it will work out best since he won't have the expenses of living here and he will now be with his wife and two children.  It is a fourth class municipality with a little over 100k people.  About an hour drive south of Naga and surprisingly, even Naga being a good size city, is only a second class municipality.  He is a hard working guy who takes pride in his work and I hope he does well there.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:32:26 AM »
Yeah, I was trying to think of the one that Jack had put info up on a couple or few times and I could not recall if it had been him or not until I just looked at the info.

My friend leaves for  Iriga this afternoon.  If this guy was here just prior to his departure, they could ride down there together rather than he fly in to Naga.  Well, if he wanted to.  The trip from here is by bus.  About an 8 hour drive to Sipocot and Naga another hour.  I think you do it in 11 hours but add on for bus stops.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 02:19:16 AM »
The travel agency linked in Lee's post has gone out of business. For our last three trips we used the following agency with great results.

Mitra Travel
12808 West Airport Blvd
Ste 252
Sugarland, TX 77478
(281) 530-3000
Rahul Mitra

Rahul is a very helpful guy and made suggestions on how to get better airfare. I used Expedia to pick out the flight itinerary I preferred before calling the agency and Rahul took care of everything. Confirmation was via phone and email providing our full itinerary, e-confirmation and reservations. I would give Rahul a call
Louisville, KY USA

Offline piozam13

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 03:09:24 AM »
There is an online agency "ASAP"  I don't know if they are knowledgeable about the domestic travels in the Philippines but they deal a lot with USA-Philippines travels.  They can give you a quote.  You can talk to them and maybe answer  some of your concerns.  I find them helpful when we book seats.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog