Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Immigration,Visas to stay in the Philippines / Re: 13a Visa
« Last post by M.C.A. on Today at 01:18:51 PM »
Agree with most of the posters here that you should be okay but the Permanent Resident Card, you have within a week to get this from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration or it's Satellite Offices  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/information/directory-of-transactions and then after going through this nearly whole day event you'll have to come back to pick up your ID from two weeks - two months later they don't have a one day service.

So you only get fined for not checking in annually from Jan - Feb the maximum yearly fine is 2,000 pesos per year and your Permanent Resident Card is good for 5 years before it requires renewing.
« Last post by Peter on Today at 12:59:03 PM »
Rob,

Like the others, I think you'll be OK as regards the Visa enabling.

There may be a slight problem with the issue of your ACR I-card. Part 2 of the form you must fill in, asks if you are planning to leave within 30 days of issuance. As the card takes 3 weeks or more to process, you should contact the BI on the addresses "bigrod" posted, to be sure you can leave when you want to.

Hope it goes well for you.

Peter
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Hello to everyone!!
« Last post by JoeLP on Today at 11:28:09 AM »
Welcome Tim.

A lot of people on here to give you much more help on this topic and what you are looking for.  Where I am is a place you want to avoid when it comes to seeking a consistent fast internet connection. 

Look forward to seeing you on this site and reading your reviews, reactions and questions about the Phils.  Thank you for joining.
« Last post by suzukig1 on Today at 11:21:27 AM »
I'll be another one that votes yes.

Since you applied outside of the PHL the 13A should be permanent.  I think the only restriction about leaving the PHL with a permanent 13A is that you cannot be out of the PHL for more than 1 year.  (Your re-entry permit is good for 1 year.)

When applying for a 13A in the PHL the first one is probationary and good for one year.  I believe there are some travel restrictions (time limits) when traveling outside of the PHL with a probationary 13A.
« Last post by bigrod on Today at 10:23:02 AM »
I am going to say yes.  Recommend you email one of the following addresses to confirm.

binoc_immigration@hotmail.com
xinfo@immigration.gov.ph
immigPH@gmail.com

Chuck
Immigration,Visas to stay in the Philippines / 13a Visa
« Last post by RDS284 on Today at 09:30:33 AM »
Hi Guys,
Hoping someone can give me an  answer.
My wife and i had intended to move permanently from Australia to the Philippines in August this year.
I applied for a 13a visa at the Philippine Embassy in Australia in April this year and it was granted in the same month.
The visa states that i must arrive in the philippines by the 14th of September this year.
Unfortunately we have had a few unexpected family issues and now do not know when we will be able to make the big move.
We are now going to visit her parents in Iloilo for two weeks in August this year.
If i use my 13a visa to enter the country before it expires and then fly back out two weeks later would my visa still be active for when we do finally make the big move hopefully by the end of this year.
Or would i have to reapply for another 13a visa.
Cheers
Rob.

Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Better Every Second
« Last post by FastWalk on Today at 12:10:24 AM »
Not sure on the where.   I have Philippine friends living in Davao.   I'm open-minded at the moment.  I'd like someplace with High speed internet, and not uber crowded.   Let the hunt (for a place to live) begin.  LOL.   My plan is to locate myself and rent for first year or so while I figure out the where.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome.  I also have an IT type background.  It will be fun to see where you end up finding the best location.  Crowded vs good services is certainly a dichotomy.  Renting is a great idea.  If you like the area, later you will be in tune already with prices and able to recognize a good or great bargain.
Banking / Re: BSP warns public vs fake P10,000 bills
« Last post by BudM on June 24, 2018, 06:16:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that Bud, hope my post and yours saves others from getting stuck with some.

Yeah, hopefully no one ever falls for the million bill you were talking about.  Don't fret though about me.  Earlier today I went back with those two fake 10k back to where I got them from.  I got the real stuff now.
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Hello to everyone!!
« Last post by codefreeze on June 24, 2018, 06:16:22 PM »
Welcome Tim,

The good news is there are a lot of options for you. Once you explore a bit you might surprise yourself with where you end up settling.

p.s. You should give Ilo-Ilo a try...

Cheers,
Tony
---
Banking / Re: BSP warns public vs fake P10,000 bills
« Last post by Lee2 on June 24, 2018, 01:26:02 PM »
Sorry to hear that Bud, hope my post and yours saves others from getting stuck with some.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog