Author Topic: Anyone in or near Lipa ?  (Read 338 times)

Offline movielvr

Anyone in or near Lipa ?
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »
Hi all. My GF and I are currently in Dipolog but want to find somewhere we like better. We are considering Lipa, Tagatay, Iloilo, and others. We would like a milder climate,access to quality goods, decent internet, good hospitals,ect. Would like any and all opinions...ty!
Kevin 

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Anyone in or near Lipa ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:35:25 PM »
you are bound to receive a variety of opinions and it will all boil down to your personal preferences.  I live in tagaytay and have lived here for 4 years.  Of all the places I have visited I would choose tagaytay heads and tails above anything else.   It isnt even close for me.
Weather, crime, easy access to manila etc. etc. etc. etc.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:33:08 PM »
Hi all. My GF and I are currently in Dipolog but want to find somewhere we like better. We are considering Lipa, Tagatay, Iloilo, and others. We would like a milder climate,access to quality goods, decent internet, good hospitals,ect. Would like any and all opinions...ty!
Kevin
While not on your list, I will suggest Cebu City since it covers your wants, and right outside the city there would be less traffic, there is also an international airport should you wish to take some vacations. As for internet, some areas have fiber, in the city I find that Smart LTE works great as does Globe LTE and wired.

Angeles city is also something you might wish to consider.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 03:47:02 AM »
We have good friends, a Fil-Am couple, who bought an 800 sq meter lot in Lipa, Batangas in a nice gated subdivision developed by the Ayala Corporation aka AVIDA and built their retirement home there. The only problem, it's so difficult to navigate around town just to get to their place. When I asked them for detailed instructions to get to their place from the main freeway, they texted me a couple of pages I couldn't even decifer. So no, we can't find their place when ever they invite us over! We just politely decline their offer to come visit them.
BTW, we live in Sta Rosa, Laguna a 45 minute drive to Lipa, but once in town, I'm lost and GPS doesn't help, it's a maze around town to get to anywhere.
Ayala was also our developer and builder of our home 16 yrs ago. Our area has developed into a nice upscale community where everything we would ever need are just minutes away. We're happy and content where we live.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:04:24 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline marshie

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »
I live in Makati for work but born and grew up in Lipa City. It is not as cold as Baguio during ber months but cold enough compared to the city.  The place is laid back and feels home :)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog