Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Places to Visit/ Things to Do / Re: Things to do in Cebu??
« Last post by Bisaya gyud on Today at 05:59:21 AM »
I assume the OP has already made his trip to Cebu, so for those who read this thread in the future:

Sky Experience Adventure
www.skyexperienceadventure.com

Tower 1, Crown Regency Hotel and Towers, Fuente Towers, Fuente Osmeņa Blvd., Cebu City, 6000 Philippines

NOT for the faint of heart and those with a substantial fear of heights. They also feature a restobar with buffet and beverages.
And the US? Hot and humid? I am wearing 2 sweaters and 2 pairs of sweat pants as I type this, trying to stay warm in -25F!

Try visiting south of Iowa (Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas) in summer and tell me how it feels  :D
Emigrating section / Re: Fiance visa Part 2
« Last post by Gray Wolf on Today at 05:27:48 AM »
Well... unless things have changed, I don't think you need the CENOMAR. And the Legal Capacity is a joke. So technically, so long as she has a clear CENOMAR, you should be good.

If I recall, the USEM gives you 3 chances. After that it is a hassle.

But CR-1 is faster than K-1, even though that is contrary to the purpose of the K-1. Unless that has change too?

Yes, they both changed years ago. The CR-1 and K-1 visa take about the same amount of time. Depending on your specifics it can be as little as 90-120 days or a much as 1 year.
This is an old topic that some are misunderstanding. The requirement is for either a return ticket OR an onward ticket taking you out of the Philippines and on to your next destination. No one says anywhere that you must have only a return ticket.
Expat life in Philippines / Re: Pitfalls to be aware of
« Last post by Bisaya gyud on Today at 04:42:25 AM »
Lots of foreigners die in Thailand, many under suspicious circumstances:

Farang Deaths - Documenting the Deaths of Foreigners in Thailand

https://www.farang-deaths.com/
Some mentioned Talisay. Be advised the population density is 15,000 people per square mile (5700 per square km). Traffic on the main thoroughfares can be crushing much of the time, looking more like parking lots than roads.

Cebu City and immediately surrounding cities and municipalities are crowded, and not inexpensive by Philippine standards. Those who aren't interested in living in a highly urbanized area, and/or are on a limited budget - might want to check out Ormoc, Leyte.
So while Smart has cut back on the availability of unlimited, it seems Globe is a lot smarter than Smart by giving people what they want, I am going to switch over and try them soon to give them a try but even they seem to limit speed once over 800 MB a day :( the days of truly unlimited in the Philippines is over for anyone who was not grandfathered in with a home plan, although my friend has a Globe home plan and he says it goes off all the time, so I guess in that way they are limiting him too.
http://pinoytechsaga.blogspot.com/2017/10/list-of-globe-and-tm-supersurf-unli-internet-promos.html
Globe Prepaid and Republika ng TM offer unlimited internet access to their subscribers with SuperSurf promos.
Meet Your Neighbors / Re: Forum meet up
« Last post by Lee2 on Today at 12:32:41 AM »
Well we are back in Cebu, should anyone from the forum member or visitor wish to meet up for coffee or just general bs, that's right Lee2 or sometimes referred to as Lee number 2 by those who may not like me lol is in Cebu.

There is an expat group here in Cebu named the Cebu Expat Group and they have monthly get togethers, so as an example, on the 26th and 27th they will have a meet up at the Marco Polo Hotel and members get a decent price to eat out there.
Cost:  50% off buffet is P880 Net. One beverage (Soft drink/Wine/Juice) and coffee/house tea are included with the price, just as an example, so it gives expats and tourists a chance to go out to nice places and save a bunch of money on costs, so if you are in or on Cebu, feel free to let me know privately and I can tell you how to contact them, they already have lots of members, Monday the 26 is fully booked with over 100 going to dinner and so far Tuesday is still available.
I had been told many times over the years that doing this was not possible, even as late as last trip over in 2017 when I went to the Smart office in Ayala, since I always roam with my number when we leave the Philippines and up until last year it supposedly was not possible to roam with an LTE number, so I thought I would let you all know that it is possible to get a new multiicut LTE prepaid sim card for your old phone number and you also will be able to roam with it, I wish they would have done this for me last year, then I would not have had to change phone numbers from my old Smart number. If anyone wants my new number send me a private message.

Also last year I bought a new Smart Buddy LTE sim, it came with an old number issued around 20 plus years ago. My wife has a sim around 20 plus years old, Smart was surprised to see anyone with a sim that old, it was close to one of the first ones issued by Smart, I joked with them that we should win a price since the sim is an antique lol, well the sim I bought last year has the same first 5 digits as hers, and the number I got is even older than hers is, based on the number itself, so Smart is now reissuing older phone numbers.
Nila and I went to Smart in SM Seaside with our original card that our old full size sims came in and they replaced both of ours for free with new multicut LTE sim cards that work great. The only hang up was that it took hours for the new cards to come online, so do not do it if you might be expecting a call or text.

Also, available from Globe.  I did it a few years ago (when the iPhone 6 came out).  By their non-reaction at the local Globe office it seemed like a normal request for them.  But if I remember correctly I had to go back the next day to pick up my smaller sim.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog