Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bless you kind people.  :)
Getting here and back and getting items here and back / Re: Moving with a cat
« Last post by David690 on September 24, 2017, 10:14:53 PM »
Has anyone moved to the Philippines from UK with a pet? How did you transport your pet?

I met a guy here in UK who regularly travelled to Phils and back with his small dog - apparently the dog's ticket cost more than first class would have done for him!

Cheers,
Tony

That's very strange Tony, not sure how your friend manages to do that as there is 6 months quarantine for animals entering UK.
Not sure where to post 1st time? Post here. / Re: help needed please understand :(
« Last post by Lee2 on September 24, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »
hello all i would like to thank Lee for the finacial suport he has sent me even though hes had own problems with storm .if anyone else wishes to help can also email me copusmaximus@hotmail.com or use same email for paypal. any small amount will help us get back on our feet and earning own income again .As a long time member here and poster from time to time i hope no one thinks this or me are scams because we are not and can refer to my thanks to Lee hes a very kind man to help others in need.
You are welcome.

Copus (I know his real name but since he did not post it, neither will I) and I have had long chats via emails and I do not feel he is fooling me or anyone else, I do feel sad when anyone makes a new life for themselves and gets kicked when they are down, I hope he recovers and I hope that anyone who moves to the Philippines only does so with a number of backup plans, as life does not always go the way we had hoped it would go and there is no help for any of us when we are in the Philippines besides the contacts we have made along the way.
hello all i would like to thank Lee for the financial support he has sent me even though hes had own problems with storm .if anyone else wishes to help can also email me copusmaximus@hotmail.com or use same email for Paypal. any small amount will help us get back on our feet and earning own income again .As a long time member here and poster from time to time i hope no one thinks this or me are scams because we are not and can refer to my thanks to Lee hes a very kind man to help others in need.
No issue for me sir.
Not sure where to post 1st time? Post here. / Re: help needed please understand :(
« Last post by copusmaximus on September 24, 2017, 09:38:28 AM »
hello all i would like to thank Lee for the finacial suport he has sent me even though hes had own problems with storm .if anyone else wishes to help can also email me copusmaximus@hotmail.com or use same email for paypal. any small amount will help us get back on our feet and earning own income again .As a long time member here and poster from time to time i hope no one thinks this or me are scams because we are not and can refer to my thanks to Lee hes a very kind man to help others in need.
Getting here and back and getting items here and back / Re: Moving with a cat
« Last post by grahamw on September 24, 2017, 07:08:50 AM »
Perhaps one of these ?   :)

Expat life in Philippines / Re: Poisonous creatures
« Last post by lost_in_samoa on September 24, 2017, 01:12:07 AM »
Are there poisonous snakes and spiders in the Philippines?

Yeah .....

We have Cobra's.  Taste good too.

The itchy, furry caterpillars.  We call them Boro - Boro.

Big, BIG, Wolf Spiders.  Don't think they are poisonous.  Just spooky as hell when they climb over you.

REALLY BIG Lizards.  They call them Bayawak.  A species of Monitor Lizard.  Which I believe are venomous in the sense that their mouths are so filthy that if you are bit you are guaranteed to get a bad infection.

« Last post by M.C.A. on September 23, 2017, 08:37:15 PM »
I see snakes all the time, Philippine Cobra it doesn't have a rattler but it sure gets around every time our backyard floods a little from heavy rains or when I brush cut, I've killed several, my monkey got one and when our house was flooded ocassionaly they would be swiming in the house it's hard on the nerves they also travel real fast in the roof you can tell it's a snake by the slapping sound.

There's another poisonous creature and I am suffering right now from it's stinging hairs called a Higad caterpillar but everyone in our region nicknames them Boyboy.  I am on my 4th day of Benadryl, these creatures also hurt you when they die they cacoon up in the ceiling area's and when the wind blows the hairs hit you and it's painful, it's like getting burned instantly and the worst from of itching you can imagine.  I've talked with other expats and either they have them or they don't but you'll see them crawling they are hairy and come in different colors mostly brown or grey sometimes orange.  Only safe way to get them off your ceiling if concrete is flame or wet rag and throw it away for good.   https://kheilasmom.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/higad-attack-and-remedy/
« Last post by Lee2 on September 23, 2017, 07:58:53 PM »

Yes, apparently there are lots of them, yet I personally have never seen even one during our times in Cebu or our visits to Manila and Mindanao, yet I read all the time of people encountering some and especially Cobras and my wife had seen many in Mindanao while growing up.
Philippines Islands Venomous Snakes and Poisonous Spiders and Other Dangerous Animals and Insects.
http://tinyurl.com/y9un6vrh

Anyone else ever see any?
Expat life in Philippines / Poisonous creatures
« Last post by codefreeze on September 23, 2017, 06:58:36 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog