Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements and Information / Re: Thanksgiving
« Last post by RUFUS on Today at 03:13:31 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!
I got the turkey breasts going in the smoker!

(p.s. for Gray Wolf)
IN THE RAIN JACK, IN THE RAIN!  LOL
« Last post by JoeLP on November 23, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Go Lions!!
« Last post by Steve & Myrlita on November 23, 2017, 08:17:37 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all. God Bless.....
« Last post by Lee2 on November 23, 2017, 07:36:07 PM »
Thanks Chuck, hope you and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that all our members do too. The wife and I will be meeting up with friends for a dinner out, I wonder what everyone else's plans are?
Announcements and Information / Thanksgiving
« Last post by bigrod on November 23, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Chuck
Philippines News / Re: Packing a balikbayan box? Leave these items out
« Last post by BudM on November 23, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »
On the subject of Balikbayan Boxes, does anybody know if it's necessary to use the boxes supplied by the shipper? Can any box be sent via BB and if so are there any restrictions on the size of the box? I want to ship a folding bicycle, but even folded it's too big even for the Jumbo box.

Now, I just saw on another post that you have this same question and someone answered you on the different companies.  They said that UMAC does not seem to care about the size.  Well, I don't know what UMAC they were referring to.  Maybe UMAC in that area does not care.  I shipped with UMAC out of NE Florida and they sure did care as I mentioned in the post below.  It makes sense that they want to pack the ship holds tight and don't want odd size boxes bouncing all over the freaking place during any rough seas.  I sent eight jumbos and the TV.  All them arrived and not a single ding on the outside of any of the boxes and nothing busted inside.  So, if you go with UMAC wherever it is, you might want to check with them prior to assuming that either of us knows what we are talking about.  Or for that matter, if any of us on here knows what we are talking about.  Things constantly change.  But yeah, you can get an idea what to expect and who to call to check with for your decision.
Philippines News / Re: Packing a balikbayan box? Leave these items out
« Last post by BudM on November 23, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »
On the subject of Balikbayan Boxes, does anybody know if it's necessary to use the boxes supplied by the shipper? Can any box be sent via BB and if so are there any restrictions on the size of the box? I want to ship a folding bicycle, but even folded it's too big even for the Jumbo box.

I had sent one TV in the original box that I had saved and even though it was a lot narrower than a jumbo box, they charged me for three jumbo boxes because of the length it would take up the space of three jumbo boxes during transportation all through.  I guess maybe if I had put two or three together it could still take up the space for three jumbos.  I am guessing on that since I did not ask because my other TV was 8 years old and was only 110 so I chucked it.  At least that is how the company I dealt with did it.
Getting here and back and getting items here and back / Re: Balikbayan Boxes
« Last post by FastWalk on November 23, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »
LBC from US (Seattle/Tacoma Area) will accept larger boxes,  they charge more (but not a crazy amount)  for a larger or odd shaped box.  I just shipped a generator a few months ago that would not exactly fit.  They measured it and gave me price.  I did cover the outside with paper and tape.  Arrived without any issues. 
« Last post by David690 on November 23, 2017, 04:52:43 AM »
Thanks Samoa, I'll check with other shippers, see what I can dig up.
« Last post by lost_in_samoa on November 23, 2017, 04:35:01 AM »
too big even for the Jumbo box.

Depends on the carrier.  LBC / Forex insist you use their boxes.  Manila Forwarder / Umac don't seem to care as long as it is strong.

Most offer "odd size" shipping but you need to coordinate that ahead of time.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog