Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Internet Connections & TV / Re: Site off line?
« Last post by bigrod on Today at 12:08:05 PM »
O-o.

Some "processions" as we speak, are going towards Rizal (Luneta) Park and the Quirino (sp?) Bandstand. But this may not, methinks, be a subject for this particular board <  Internet Connections & TV   >? My thoughts only, of course.

Peter

Agree
« Last post by Peter on Today at 11:39:35 AM »
Were you referring to this:  Ferdinand Marcos, the President of the Philippines, appeared on television to announce that he had proclaimed martial law under Proclamation No. 1081. The pretext was the attempted assassination of Defense Secretary Juan Ponce Enrile, but the proclamation had been signed the day before. Enrile's driver was killed during the staged attack.

Chuck

O-o.

Some "processions" as we speak, are going towards Rizal (Luneta) Park and the Quirino (sp?) Bandstand. But this may not, methinks, be a subject for this particular board <  Internet Connections & TV   >? My thoughts only, of course.

Peter
« Last post by bigrod on Today at 10:53:34 AM »
Thanks for the info, Lee.

Here I was, maybe thinking it was something to do with this (Fri)day in 1972, but 'nuff said on that!  ;) ;) ;)

Peter

Were you referring to this:  Ferdinand Marcos, the President of the Philippines, appeared on television to announce that he had proclaimed martial law under Proclamation No. 1081. The pretext was the attempted assassination of Defense Secretary Juan Ponce Enrile, but the proclamation had been signed the day before. Enrile's driver was killed during the staged attack.

Chuck
« Last post by Peter on Today at 09:45:34 AM »
Yes this site was offline, I contacted the owner and his assistant and they got it back online.

Thanks for the info, Lee.

Here I was, maybe thinking it was something to do with this (Fri)day in 1972, but 'nuff said on that!  ;) ;) ;)

Peter
« Last post by Lee2 on Today at 08:49:42 AM »
Yes this site was offline, I contacted the owner and his assistant and they got it back online.
Internet Connections & TV / Site off line?
« Last post by Peter on Today at 08:44:08 AM »
Guys.

The site was unreachable yesterday from around 10 am (Ph time)  :o to early this morning, 21st September  :)

No ping return from the IP addy. [ 23.244.64.247 ] either.

Just got the standard "website off line or moved, try again later" message. Other www's were OK, so appears not to be a local net problem, unless the local authorities blocked it for some reason.

Peter

Relationships / Re: Courthouse wedding or civil wedding in Manila
« Last post by Steve & Myrlita on September 19, 2018, 11:37:27 AM »
Got married in the Makati City Hall today! No line at the elevator this time. My appointment was at 10:30 AM and the mayor officiated it. We were the only couple. My two witnesses were there and signed the license too. It took 15-20 minutes.
My happiest congratulations to you both. May God give you many wonderful years together.
« Last post by Lee2 on September 19, 2018, 01:01:28 AM »
Congratulations and thank you for the information.
« Last post by User444 on September 19, 2018, 12:23:15 AM »
Got married in the Makati City Hall today! No line at the elevator this time. My appointment was at 10:30 AM and the mayor officiated it. We were the only couple. My two witnesses were there and signed the license too. It took 15-20 minutes.
Expat life in Philippines / Re: Are you bored living in the Philippines ?
« Last post by jjcabgou on September 15, 2018, 11:53:49 AM »
One of my next challenges is to brew beer but only with what I can find locally.. Last year I found Aussie barley for 33.00Per Kilo. I bought 2 kilo`s to see if I could malt it myself.. It took me about 3 days and I`d say 98% of it turned out to be perfectly malted grain.
Local online grain suppliers want around 3.000 Peso per Kilo!
No hops here but a quick .tells me that they used to use pine tree tips instead of hops..  Lots of that in my garden so I`m half way there!
Where are you located Fred?  There are a few local brewers near me that I am friends with.  I could ask them where they get their supplies if you'd like.   BTW, I was a home brewer for 15 years, and I considered starting back up again due to the lack of a decent beer.   However, over the course of the last 3 years, that is changing, and I am happy with the selections. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog