Author Topic: New Smart LTE home device with 700 mhz  (Read 279 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
New Smart LTE home device with 700 mhz
« on: December 20, 2017, 01:15:48 AM »
Just thought I would pass this along, it might help those of you who are not getting good speeds since lots of older devices do not include the newer 700 mhz frequency.
http://www.technobaboy.com/2017/08/04/smart-launches-smart-bro-prepaid-lte-home-wi-fi/

Smart launches Smart Bro Prepaid LTE Home Wi-Fi; comes with free 10GB of data
August 4, 2017 by Bryan
Retailing for Php1,995, the Smart Bro Prepaid LTE Home Wi-Fi comes with 10G free data and supports the 700MHz LTE band.

Smart Bro LTE Home Wi-Fi
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: New Smart LTE home device with 700 mhz
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 07:13:58 AM »
Since I threw Globe out the front door last year, I have not had a bit of trouble with my internet.  And it is not because I do not have internet now.  Yes, I do. Through my cable company.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline HappyBee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »
Since I threw Globe out the front door last year, I have not had a bit of trouble with my internet.  And it is not because I do not have internet now.  Yes, I do. Through my cable company.

Do you mean cable TV or cable internet?
^^ Just my personal opinion... take it or leave it!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 06:53:13 PM »
Do you mean cable TV or cable internet?

I have had the same cable company for a few years.  When I moved, the first one I had was not allowed in the territory I am in now.  Anyway, I was getting internet through Globe.  Now, I get it through my cable company.  And I went from either 3 or 5 (I forgot) with a ceiling that slowed it down on the unlimited, to 15 and no slow down.  All for basically about 150 to 200 more than I was paying both the cable company and Globe combined.  That amount includes the cost of a land line separate from the cable company since I also was getting my landline through Globe when I booted them head first out.  The only gripe I got with the cable company is that I lost my news station.  I don't really think it is their fault though as it seems very difficult to get that channel here now so I am not holding it against them.  I have been able to find what I am looking for mostly on the internet and Youtube.  With the speed and the reliablility I get from the cable company, streaming is working fine.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 09:17:39 PM »
I have had the same cable company for a few years.  When I moved, the first one I had was not allowed in the territory I am in now.  Anyway, I was getting internet through Globe.  Now, I get it through my cable company.  And I went from either 3 or 5 (I forgot) with a ceiling that slowed it down on the unlimited, to 15 and no slow down.  All for basically about 150 to 200 more than I was paying both the cable company and Globe combined.  That amount includes the cost of a land line separate from the cable company since I also was getting my landline through Globe when I booted them head first out.  The only gripe I got with the cable company is that I lost my news station.  I don't really think it is their fault though as it seems very difficult to get that channel here now so I am not holding it against them.  I have been able to find what I am looking for mostly on the internet and Youtube.  With the speed and the reliablility I get from the cable company, streaming is working fine.

I'm assuming you mean fibre Bud.  Can you share which provider you use.  PLDT have recently installed fibre in my area and looking at their packages.
Londoner at heart

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 02:11:37 AM »
I'm assuming you mean fibre Bud.  Can you share which provider you use.  PLDT have recently installed fibre in my area and looking at their packages.
No, I do not have PLDT fibre.  Got SkyCable 

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog