Author Topic: Expat?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline BB63Gunner

Expat?
« on: January 10, 2018, 04:13:52 PM »
Greetings,
                 While surfing YouTube I came across someone who makes threats toward expats who do no agree with him. Threatens to track them down and so forth. The guys name is **** *****. So another expat and I were talking about manners online when I told him about ****. This other expat said **** was well known in the expat community and did go around online doing what I described. This other expat said that ****  got the expat community so mad at him that **** had to close accounts and open new ones. My question for you all is **** in fact well known in the expat circles as a bad apple and trouble maker? I know some expat sites have something like a wall of shame.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:49:05 PM by Lee2 »

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Expat?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:59:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I removed the name you posted as we will not allow this forum to be used to disparage people.

To answer your question, the Philippines is a big place and someone from one area likely would not be known in another area. I have been around forums for many years and I have never heard that name but many users use forum names other than their own and many expats IMO are foolishly not members of forums.

Stick around if you like and get to be known among members and then you would be able to ask them in private via the message system but please never posts someones name again on this forum in such a manner.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:52:25 PM »
Greetings,
                 While surfing YouTube I came across someone who makes threats toward expats who do no agree with him. Threatens to track them down and so forth. The guys name is **** *****. So another expat and I were talking about manners online when I told him about ****. This other expat said **** was well known in the expat community and did go around online doing what I described. This other expat said that ****  got the expat community so mad at him that **** had to close accounts and open new ones. My question for you all is **** in fact well known in the expat circles as a bad apple and trouble maker? I know some expat sites have something like a wall of shame.
You have not said anything, in your first post, about yourself except in your username if in fact that is true.  If so, I am curious as to what time frame? During part of it's previous life or later?
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:38:05 AM »
Greetings,

I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove a thing
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 10:09:37 AM »
I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove a thing
Alright Jack......What did you know and when did you know it??  :D

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »
I know who he's talking about because I also watch the expat YouTube Videos the guy in question an American he gives the perspective of a poor American and the treatment he goes through, it's real and he's real poor but the main reason he gets pursued is for his stance on old timers picking up on younger girls, he doesn't seem to be on these forums he can only afford free Wifi spots and makes his money off YouTube but they've managed to shut him down several times so not sure who's worse.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 09:01:35 PM »
I know who he's talking about because I also watch the expat YouTube Videos the guy in question an American he gives the perspective of a poor American and the treatment he goes through, it's real and he's real poor but the main reason he gets pursued is for his stance on old timers picking up on younger girls, he doesn't seem to be on these forums he can only afford free Wifi spots and makes his money off YouTube but they've managed to shut him down several times so not sure who's worse.
Well, if and when the op posts some more to become a full member, then you two will be able to converse via private message. My take on this, is that there are lots of ahole expats, the guy he is referring to is no doubt in my mind just one of many, except possibly for the youtube part.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 11:35:50 PM »
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 08:11:55 AM »
Hehehehe. May he rest in peace.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »
Many expats supplement their income or younger ones live entirely off their YouTube channels and it's a touchy community and one area I'm glad I didn't get involved in but I have seen expats that do very well by concentrating on testing out local electrical products or anything other than talking about the Philippine culture, and only local products but hanging out with your girl going to stores, girls or tourist traps, those are the area's that bring in the unsavory messages and expat slamming, it's a volatile area at first it was funny but after watching each expat slam the other it got real old.

These guys probably don't have the time messing on these forums because they are so busy making, editing video's and slamming each other for ratings.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 02:44:06 AM »
There are some expats who don't put out YouTube videos or other online work but instead work in the seedy underbelly of cities feeding off visitors and residents alike. When I visited Cebu City a few years back I was introduced to two such creatures as "guides". I know my host meant well, as he is much older and couldn't handle the chore of driving us around the various tourist sites, food and refreshments venues. Instead he hired to local friends to drive us around and explain what we were seeing and where we were going. The tour was interesting and one of our guides was intelligent, knowing much about the local history. But the other was a miserable human being who was interested only in getting his per diem fee. He admitted that his passport and visa had expired and he was living with his girlfriend and her children outside Cebu. His lady friend desperately wanted to go to the US so she could work to support her family in the PH and he regularly promised her he would do everything he could to see to it that she realized her dreams. Privately he told me that there was no way he could take her to the US since his passport and visa were both well-past expiration. When I questioned him on how he planned to remedy the situation, he said "I don't!". His only plan was to remain in the PH, with or without his current living situation and to simply work when and as he could to make enough money to eat and drink. If his lady friend couldn't accept that, he said he would simply "move on" to the next living arrangement with another woman.

Our last day in Cebu we had originally planned to do more touring with our driver taking us to some other sites, but after eating breakfast, including paying for meals for our driver as well as his lady friend, we decided to do something else which did not require his assistance. This decision was made by my wife and mother and was not based on anything discussed by myself and the guide. In fact, I didn't tell them about my discussion until after we had returned to Manila. Our guide was visibly angry because he thought he would be getting another day's pay from us, P1000. Our host calmed him down by saying he would pay him for his day even though he wouldn't be taking us anywhere.

A few months later I read an article online from a Cebu newspaper about this same guy being bitten by a local dog, which he then beat with a stick, if I remember correctly, and that the authorities were searching for him to question him concerning his status. He disappeared into the surrounding area and has not been heard from since. I'm sure that he's living somewhere around Cebu feeding off whatever handouts he can get, drinking his life away living his "dream"
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog