Author Topic: New to this with bad then good stories  (Read 333 times)

Offline Montanacal

New to this with bad then good stories
« on: October 18, 2017, 01:03:16 AM »
Hi all

New to the site and I really like what what I'm reading. My friend had Joined (site snipped) and I've heard his stories so I decided to join a site. Did a little research,, had friends in my youth who were Filipino and I loved their family so I joined a site.

Initial reaction: What the hell did I just sign up for! Naked pics invites, one girl who was a web site stripper who needed search and rescue. Multiple "Hey baby, how are you,, hope you're having a good day" followed by the obligatory sob story and either the hint of a need for money or the outright request for money in trade for pics of my choosing. Dating site 101!

That was the bad, obviously.

Then the sublime. Conversations with women of minimal English ability, which is not a deal breaker by any means but makes it hard to discern a real flow.

I then met someone who,, in text can communicate in a real flow and has intellect, wit, loves classic rock, Yes, a Filipina who loves my old guy music. And she doesn't seem to be full of Tampo,, she can joke, tease, and shes got great Sass. She likes sarcasm and loves that we are both,, in her words,, Dorks. She likes that I want to talk about the deeper subjects, All the steps we might have in front of us and she is tempered in her excitement which is a more mature approach than I had expected

I don't know what all to say at this time other than,, if this keeps up I will be posting more of what I hope is a wonderful experience. I am sure I will have a thousand questions as I move forward,, so , thank you all in advance

Craig

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:27:14 AM by Lee2 »

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: New to this with bad then good stories
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:46:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum Craig, hope you enjoy the site. I snipped out the name of the site you posted, we try to keep this as a family type site so everyone can enjoy it, so please keep that in mind for future posts. You might also like to read the rules if you have not already.
http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=48245.0

Hope to hear more about your experiences and see you posting more in general. Seems you found a great lady who understands our sarcasm and jokes, hope it all works out for you both, it took years for my wife to understand some of my jokes and sarcasm.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Montanacal

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 05:46:21 AM »
Thanks Lee

And I knew that too,, I just went on autopilot with my typing,, thank you for the reminder and your work here on the forum

Craig

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 05:23:45 AM »
Welcome to the group, Montanacal! You story sounds familiar! Just from the brief intro, I'd say you may have found your gem!
Looking forward to hearing more about your budding relationship! Without being too specific, what part of the islands is your girl from?
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Montanacal

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 02:20:21 AM »
Hi Grey Wolf and others
Well,, the up date is this. In February I am planning a trip, to Lipa. So far things are going well. She is very busy and we dont really have a schedule that we can regularly keep but enough to have those times when I'm really looking forward to seeing her on. The fluidity of our conversations is something that am really surprised at. Compared to other conversations I had had in the past, which were stilted at best this is completely comfortable.

So here is where I might canvas the group for info. I plan on flying there in February and she is going to meet me in Manila and we are either going to take the bus ( this is where info comes in handy) or I will rent a car. If we take the bus down to Lipa I am planning on renting a car there for a couple days at least though I imagine that we will spend a lot of time on foot.

There are a couple places I have looked at staying while in Lipa. But not knowing possible pitfall in motels Ill have to go with looks and see what happens.

One thing I am interested in is any custom or appropriate gesture towards her mom like gift giving to her as a show of respect. I like those kinds of gestures as long as it is culturally acceptable to give a memento. Anyway, not much more to report.
Craig

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 04:21:15 AM »
One thing I am interested in is any custom or appropriate gesture towards her mom

Treating Elders

Offline marshie

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 12:47:06 AM »
^I grew up in Lipa but now living in Manila for almost 10 years.  I still visit my family every month or two, so I feel like I can help.  Just ask away :)

If you don’t have a lot of baggage from the airport, you can take grab (ride hailing like an uber, just download the app) in going to the bus station in Pasay taft buendia near LRT.  Look for signage of “Lipa calabrazon” which will take you directly to Lipa for around 1.5-2hours.  First trip of the day usually starts at 5am but there is a cut off time at night (maybe around 9pm or 10pm maybe) so  I do not recommend it if you arrive late at night.

Which hotels/places have you considered staying at?

Gifts aren’t required but if you decide on bringing some then they’d appreciate it.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 02:52:05 AM »
Hi Grey Wolf and others
Well,, the up date is this. In February I am planning a trip, to Lipa. So far things are going well. She is very busy and we dont really have a schedule that we can regularly keep but enough to have those times when I'm really looking forward to seeing her on. The fluidity of our conversations is something that am really surprised at. Compared to other conversations I had had in the past, which were stilted at best this is completely comfortable.

So here is where I might canvas the group for info. I plan on flying there in February and she is going to meet me in Manila and we are either going to take the bus ( this is where info comes in handy) or I will rent a car. If we take the bus down to Lipa I am planning on renting a car there for a couple days at least though I imagine that we will spend a lot of time on foot.

There are a couple places I have looked at staying while in Lipa. But not knowing possible pitfall in motels Ill have to go with looks and see what happens.

One thing I am interested in is any custom or appropriate gesture towards her mom like gift giving to her as a show of respect. I like those kinds of gestures as long as it is culturally acceptable to give a memento. Anyway, not much more to report.
Craig

Take the bus to Lipa. Your girl will take the lead and assist you in purchasing bus tickets. You are allowed to pay for that, as well as any treats along the way. Not sure about the length of the trip, but you can expect at least one "comfort stop" and possibly some food along the way. Follow her lead on this. Once you arrive in Lipa, I'd suggest using the local transportation. Jeepneys, tricycles, taxis. Renting a car is a little different than back home. It's not impossible, but different. She may have a friend who can act as your driver. If so, go with it. Don't be afraid of the food. If she says it's okay, try it. After 17+ years of traveling I've yet to get sick on street foods. Most, in fact, are very delicious. Just let her pick the vendors since she's from the area and will likely have her favorite "suki". Chocolates are loved everywhere, by everyone. Ferrara Rocher (sp?) Hershey's Kisses, M&M's are all favorites with my family. Also, small gifts like T-shirts are appreciated by all, especially if imprinted with something "foreign" like state or city names in the US. My family sports their Kentucky shirts everywhere. Momma might like a small bottle of cologne.
Louisville, KY USA

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »
Been to Lipa a few times. Renting a car not advisable if you are only visiting. Traffic is horrendous in the city. We stay at a hotel/ events center near the turn off to the airbase. Nothing special but clean, decent food and a click or two from city center which reduces the noise. The GF has relatives up the mountain in Mataas Na Kahoy overlooking the lake. Beautiful area.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog