Author Topic: Research is Critical  (Read 173 times)

Offline Pelican

Research is Critical
« on: November 12, 2017, 12:39:10 AM »
I was set to visit Sta.Rosa, Laguna, when I read the city has no taxis, jeepnys, or buses.  Whew!  What a surprise.  I would have hated to fly and land there to find that out.   I'm sure this is a Filipino way of keeping the 'riff-raff' out--(like myself).   This area is close to Manila,  so I can't go there now.  How many other places have this peculiar situation?  Anyway, one blogger here has lived many years there and I was very impressed.  Can anybody shed some light on my problem.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Research is Critical
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 01:10:56 AM »
Fortunately we have our own vehicles. We've lived in Sta Rosa over 15 yrs now and yes there are no taxis here, but a few jeepneys and buses now at Ayala and Vista Mall. Many of passenger tricycles though, if your small enough to fit in them.
There's a vehicle rental with driver at the Paseo de Sta Rosa called Safari Rental.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 01:18:35 AM »
You can also rent a car and driver from Avis Rental cars at Manila airport. http://avis.com.ph/
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »
Pelican... any spot you live in outside the major cities will use the trike as a means of transportation, it works well unless you're a very big man.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • A happy retired Aussie living a relaxing lifestyle
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
Like Art, I also reside in Sta Rosa, not far from City Hall.

True, no taxis, buses are usually shuttle buses transporting staff to and from work.  Major bus-lines have depots in an area known as Complex, they travel between Mnl and Sta Rosa as well as other medium distances.

Tricycles and Jeepneys everywhere, being the main form of transport for locals, as well as those owning their own motorbikes.

We don't have a vehicle yet, purchasing one next month.  We have two Yamaha Mio bikes and when going further than just locally we hire a tricycle.  We also hire a van and driver when going to NAIA, and bus it there for other trips.

Hope you find this helpful, I think most places outside the large cities have similar transport.

I have never seen the world brighter and less prosperous.

Offline Pelican

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 11:41:23 AM »
"Tricycles and Jeepnys everywhere."   Whew!   That is a relief.  I must have misunderstood the original message.  The area sounds pleasant and accessible to all types of commerce.  It would be nice to settle there.  I will give another go, and study possibilities.  Thanks for all the input.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »
No worries Pelican no matter where you live you will be able to use transportation, taxis are big city luxuries, nobody would be able to afford a taxi business in the provincial area's the trikes and jeepeny's are a cheaper form of transportation.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog