Author Topic: New Category added Politics/Religion & General BS-ing  (Read 22176 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
New Category added Politics/Religion & General BS-ing
« on: September 28, 2015, 08:05:29 PM »
coleman2347 asked me if we could add a section where just about anything goes except we will of course not allow attacks on other members in that section or anywhere else on this forum, so I made a new category Politics/Religion & General BS-ing for Senior Members with 50 REAL posts and above will be able to ask to be moved into the new group called Senior Member + who can see that section, and of course all categories of moderators will be given permission to see and access that section.

Would any members who already has 50 posts or more be interested in seeing and participating in such a section? 
So members please post in this thread only if you wish to be added to the group who will be allowed to see and post in that section . No other comments will be necessary, if you do not like the idea, that is fine, then do not post in this thread and you will never be able to see that hidden forum, no harm, no foul.

Thank you in advance.

(Updated topic title)

Updated 1/30/17 Lee
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:51:45 AM by Lee »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: New Category added Politics/Religion & BS
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:04:17 PM »
Okay this is what that section looks like, so a member who is allowed access to that section does not have to read categories they are not interested in or that they feel might upset them but once we move a member into that section they will still see all sections, see the attached.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: New Category added Politics/Religion & General BS-ing
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:41:36 PM »
Let me add, if a member asks to be included and then decides that it is not for them, no harm, no foul, we can move that member back to the member group they already were in before the move, we are just trying to give Sr Members more freedom, more topics and more leeway.

Offline bcnorth

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 11:42:14 PM »
I truly have to say I am baffled. If a member has 50 posts or more then one can post at will about religion or politics. And then if one has at least 25 posts, but less than 50, I assume the posts are examined to determine whether the individual knows anything about religion and politics or is much too self-righteous or perhaps not righteous enough to post about religion and politics. I have only a total of 17 posts and so I am excluded from posting anything about religion or politics. My question is how will I ever be allowed to post in the religion and politics section having only 17 posts? Of course in a single day I could post “I  heartedly agree with post made by Joe, George, John etc. in eight categories so I would have a total of 25 categories or I could “go all out” and post “excellent” 33 times and then be allowed to post under religion and politics.
I believe religion and politics is fascinating! I did an MA thesis entitled “Religion and Politics”.  My thesis made one member of my MA committee furious, but I made very sure everything I had written was well documented. Over the years I have taught various aspects of politics and my major concern has been students not saying or writing enough about the political topic at hand. I currently teach an on-line course on politics and administration and a great many students  simply “almost plagiarize” what is in their textbook by changing a word or two or a clause. No matter what a student writes I  disagree and present an argument why I have done so. The student becomes so upset that the person will go not only to the textbook but to other books to support his/her argument. And of course, that is exactly what I wanted the student initially to do.

I ask you what I should do under the current rules that have been established.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 12:02:44 AM »
BCNorth,

You actually have 20 posts.  I recommend you check some post that interest you and ask that person to expand their reply to answer any other questions you may have on that particular post.  It might be more informative than just agreeing or typing excellent.  Five more then you would have the minimum 25 post, as Lee2 stated earlier.  There is no test criteria to determine who would be eligible to post in the section, the fail rate could be high if there was.

Chuck

(50 posts is needed if a member wishes to be added to the new hidden forums)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:35:36 PM by Lee2 »
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 01:15:10 AM »
Ok, include me.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 01:20:37 AM »
Ok, include me.
Got you, I will move you in a few minutes, please let us know if you run into any issues because of the move to Sr Member +
Thank you for your active participation.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 01:31:19 AM »
BTW you should see no difference but if you scroll down to the bottom to the Just Having Fun section, then you will see the new section at the top.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 02:29:09 AM »
I'd sure like to try this, please add me.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 02:48:46 AM »
I'd sure like to try this, please add me.
Okay you have been added, I may still have some work to make sure it is working correctly, please let me know if you have any issues because of the move.

Offline blindman

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 09:44:37 AM »
 I don't understand the need to exclude members without enough posts.  Not my call though.  It's too bad.  I was learning a lot from the forum.  Bye 
Mike........

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 09:45:26 AM »
I don't understand the need to exclude members without enough posts.  Not my call though.  It's too bad.  I was learning a lot from the forum.  Bye
Mike you have over 50 posts, so what is the problem? Just ask and you would be included

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 10:00:22 AM »
Actually its not a big deal, many forums have a post limit to access parts of the forum.  The reasoning is this and other forums have a lot of people that post a few times and go somewhere else or just disappear..(if you need proof of that check out the membership list)
If you have a section of a forum where its limited to members that have a proven posting record you usually get better post...by proven posting record it means that you have the ability to post without flaming, trolling, being thin skinned...and are basically an adult...
Many that join forums do not have that ability as proven by the number that make one or two post just trying to stir crap...
So if your gona have a section of a forum where there is limited moderation, where folks can speak their mind its good to know they have a mind to begin with...50 post is just somewhere to start, the software on this forum limits how you can implement it...If somebody who is familiar with the software used here has a better idea please come forward..
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline blindman

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »
Mike you have over 50 posts, so what is the problem? Just ask and you would be included

Ok, please include me then.  I had no idea I had 50 "real" posts.
Mike........

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 10:14:11 AM »
Ok, please include me then.  I had no idea I had 50 "real" posts.

Okay you should be included now, as always if you have any issues with the membership change then please let us know.

Mlke, if I am not mistaken I already met you and your lovely wife in Emerald Isles, don't worry be happy.  ;)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog