Author Topic: Getting Married Soon  (Read 2441 times)

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
Getting Married Soon
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:21:51 AM »
Hi,

Mt fiancee and I are getting married soon.

I went to the Taguig City Hall and got a list of paper work that needs to be submitted by both her and I. The list is a little different for me as I am a foreigner and she is Pinay.

One of the things I need to provide is notarised proof that I am eligible to be married. The Canadian consulate will have to notarise my Quebec divorce decree. After that I am supposed to get that notarised document authorised by the Department of Foreign Affairs, at some office in the Mall of Asia.

Has anyone here had to do the last part, go to the Department of Foreign Affairs at the Mall of Asia? I tried looking up their location, and hours of operation, on the web site of the Department of Foreign Affairs but I could not find any address, location, etc.

If not then hopefully somebody at the Canadian consulate will be able to point me in the right direction for that if nobody here knows of the location.

Thanks
Thomas

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Getting Married Soon
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »
It's about time! Congrats Thomas on your forthcoming wedding.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:12:02 PM »
I can't help you with information on the Department of Foreign Affairs except for the youtube I found, I hope someone else can, but I would like to congratulate you and wish you both the best of everything.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh61hpgM46A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh61hpgM46A</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYq2rmjVtM

Department of Foreign Affairs
Aseana Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Barangay Tambo, Parañaque, Metro Manila
Tel:(+632) 737 1000
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 06:18:21 PM »
I just found this looking it up, It shows you how to get there on this page http://www.ph-commute.com/2010/05/commuting-to-department-of-foreign.html
 Department of Foreign Affairs
Aseana Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Barangay Tambo, Parañaque, Metro Manila
Tel:(+632) 737 1000
It is apparently near the Mall of Asia but not in the mall.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »
Congrats to you both.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 09:25:45 AM »
Congratulations to you both, Thomas! Looking forward to some pictures of the reception!
Louisville, KY USA

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 08:51:55 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for the well wishes. Getting married will change a lot of things here for me, and for my fiancee, but that is for another thread.

Lee, thanks for the information about the Department Of Foreign Affairs.

Should I post here the print out that I got from the Taguig City Hall for the requirements?

Thanks again for all of the wishes.

Thomas

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:09:46 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for the well wishes. Getting married will change a lot of things here for me, and for my fiancee, but that is for another thread.

Lee, thanks for the information about the Department Of Foreign Affairs.

Should I post here the print out that I got from the Taguig City Hall for the requirements?

Thanks again for all of the wishes.

Thomas
Yes sure, it would probably be of help to others but probably better to start a new topic with a header as to what it is so that others who might need the info, can find it

Offline ABCDeVil

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 10:18:51 PM »
Hi,

Mt fiancee and I are getting married soon.

I went to the Taguig City Hall and got a list of paper work that needs to be submitted by both her and I. The list is a little different for me as I am a foreigner and she is Pinay.

One of the things I need to provide is notarised proof that I am eligible to be married. The Canadian consulate will have to notarise my Quebec divorce decree. After that I am supposed to get that notarised document authorised by the Department of Foreign Affairs, at some office in the Mall of Asia.

Has anyone here had to do the last part, go to the Department of Foreign Affairs at the Mall of Asia? I tried looking up their location, and hours of operation, on the web site of the Department of Foreign Affairs but I could not find any address, location, etc.

If not then hopefully somebody at the Canadian consulate will be able to point me in the right direction for that if nobody here knows of the location.

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I got married in January 2016. After I had the Aussie consulate provide the CNI (cert of NO Impediment) I took that to the local Mayor's office. The CNI was added to our marriage licence documents, before someone could do our marriage. BTW, the local Mayor performed our ceremony. It was not necessary for us to visit Dep of Foreign Affairs (DFA) at all. Last month, we attended another wedding, American / Pinay, he was the same as me, with just the CNI & no need for DFA. As both ceremonies were performed by our local Mayor & they submitted the marriage licence thru to the NSO to for registration of marriage. Just be sure you complete the local marriage licence documentation. Congrats bloke.

ABC

Offline itsgalf

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 02:05:24 AM »
I got married there in Philippines in October. I didn't have to visit the DFA, but I was never previously married. I only needed the sworn affidavit saying I wasn't married from the US Embassy.

However, the DFA near MOA works very efficiently. My wife got a new passport there with her updated name after the marriage and she was in and out in less than 90 minutes.
There is an S&R Shopping right next to the DFA. I hung out there while waiting for my wife.

Congrats

Offline GustavoWoltmann

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
Congrats to both of you. Have a happily ever after life. That's what we always say to our friends that gets married in Panama.
Good luck to your family.

Regards,
Gustavo Woltmann
__
“I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later; publishers would publish anything that had my name on it.”
― George Bernard Shaw

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog