Author Topic: Re: Help from UK expats  (Read 974 times)

Re: Help from UK expats
« on: March 12, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
I have been chatting online (Only chatting) to a local woman who lives in Butuan City, Agusan Del Norte in North Mindanao. Does anyone there have any experience of that area? I\'ve looked at photos online and it seems to be a reasonable area. She tells me that there are quite a few ex pats in the city but I haven\'t seen many postings about the area.

I\'m not saying I\'m going there but it could be an option. Need to do more research. As the little robot guy in 5 Alive said, \"NEED INPUT!\"

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Re: Help from UK expats
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 11:33:24 PM »
I have been chatting online (Only chatting) to a local woman who lives in Butuan City, Agusan Del Norte in North Mindanao. Does anyone there have any experience of that area? I\'ve looked at photos online and it seems to be a reasonable area. She tells me that there are quite a few ex pats in the city but I haven\'t seen many postings about the area.

I\'m not saying I\'m going there but it could be an option. Need to do more research. As the little robot guy in 5 Alive said, \"NEED INPUT!\"

It\'s a shame that our resident member from that area has recently passed away.  Murf would have loved to fill your ears, eyes and inbox with tons of stuff about Butuan and the Agusan del Norte province.  

A few other members with more specific, current knowledge of the area should pipe in an time.
Stay tuned!   ;D
Louisville, KY USA

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Re: Help from UK expats
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 01:41:51 AM »

I have one brother in law there.

I don\'t particularly like the city. It\'s dirty, dusty and muddy. If anyone went thru Kalibo(on the way to Boracay) after last major typhoon.....that\'s what Butuan feels like to me.
My wife doesn\'t like being there either and she\'s from Gingoog (about 3 hours west of there)

But it is convenient as 3 family members live just south of there and another 3 live 2-3 hours west of there (Gingoog City).
And there are 2 or 3 nice places to stay there.....Almont Inland Resort, Dotties Place and Karaga Hotel (downtown).
Also we own a ricefield there so we check up on that......mind you 2 x 3 day trips a year is more than plenty for me

Drop me a line (via PM) if you have specific questions)

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »
Gray Wolf.
Sorry to hear about Murf, I\'ve seen a few posts from him. Condolences to his family, though I don\'t know them I still feel for them.

Captain Ron,
Thanks for the input. I\'ve only seen a few photos of Butuan but maybe that\'s the reason my chat line friend said it\'s a quieter area. If it\'s that dirty I\'m not surprised. I appreciate your opinion and will take that into consideration.

Cheers,
Brian.

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 01:26:42 AM »
Actually Murf didn\'t LIVE in Butuan but in Bayugan City some 40km south of Butuan but he probably got to Butuan more often that others here (unless we have members actually in Butuan). Jeff (Imtheredrum) lives in nearby Gingoog City.

I\'m sure there are nice parts of Butuan, one of Glorias aunts also lives there, she\'s a senior official with the DENR and so is her husband so I\'m presuming they live in a pretty nice spot.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog