Author Topic: Spent a week in ARMM areas of Mindanao and saw things that will make you SICK !  (Read 6271 times)

Offline ontime

• Sr Member
Dylanaz ... wow talk about leaving your public hanging...

What happened to the rest of the story...

Not to worry we got the point...

Stay clear of ARMM AT ALL COSTS...

Brief candles ~ One and All ~

Dylanaz ... wow talk about leaving your public hanging...

What happened to the rest of the story...
NO, don\'t leave the public hanging......
Dylanaz, how about it, will you finish the story. I am really interested in what happened next, mainly from a cultural & religious perspective.

Personally these 2 areas are facinating subjects for me.

So how about it Dylanaz??? will you give up more for the fans  ;)

Bruce

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Dylan CANNOT finish it!
As of May 1, 2010  He was disintegrated by MILF forces for already giving too much information.
He was promptly replaced with a robot clone built in China as an experiment to see if disintegrations and replacements with robot clones could be achieved without notice.
IT ALMOST WORKED!
But RUFUS, one of the leaders spearheading the research into the Chinese robot clone conspiracy, has been able to detect robot Dylan\'s attempts to use mind beams to read his mind...
EVERYONE!!!... Put on your Aluminum foil hats!!!
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Dylan CANNOT finish it!
As of May 1, 2010  He was disintegrated  MILF forces for already giving too much information.
He was promptly replaced with a robot clone built in China as an experiment to see if disintegrations and replacements with robot clones could be achieved without notice.
IT ALMOST WORKED!
But RUFUS, one of the leaders spearheading the research into the Chinese robot clone conspiracy, has been able to detect robot Dylan\'s attempts to use mind beams to read his mind...
EVERYONE!!!... Put on your Aluminum foil hats!!!

All so believable until that partial sentence  :D

Where would robot Dylan even start to look?  ;)

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
I think sharing a few photos and captions never hurt anyone  ;D

Here are the dancers that entertained for my reception when I arrived in the ARMM region.

The floor area is about 3 times larger that what you can see in the photos as there was seating for approx 200 persons.

This hall is in a relatives \'backyard\'/\'compound\' and several floors/stories tall - some people have HUGE properties there !

We stayed in a small guest room. Which happened to be larger than many homes in this country (referring to my friends who live in Manila).

Several times a day servants would bring us these huge trays loaded with food. It was amazing. I requested Coke as their only source of water was from the family well. After several days the family DEMANDED I try the well water. I was 100% shocked not to become ill from drinking it and took a flask of it back to Manila with me hidden in a baby bottle. I had their local well water tested when I returned to Manila - IT TESTED MORE PURE THAN THE DISTILLED WATER I NORMALLY USED TO FEED MY BABY !!! Home delivered water was 5ppm while the pure well water registered only 2ppm (parts per MILLION of total dissolved solids) WOW !  For comparison TAP WATER in Manila is over 300ppm on this same test - lower number = more pure water!

Some of the 200 or so guests at my reception

This was my favorite food tray - notice the bowl to the right is empty - that was because it was my favorite beef - tastes like smoked pot roast covered in smoked coconut shavings. Curry rice was teh centerpiece with boiled eggs skewered into the center. NOTE: ARMM members traditionally eat with no utensils. Not even a spoon. The brass \'tea kettle\' is used to wash your hands before eating - and you are required to eat with only your right hand - as that hand is reserved for eating, holding religious books and off limits to other personal hygene activites you have during your life. Wash BEFORE eating, during eating and AFTER eating. ARMM members also traditionally bathe 5 times daily. SO there is a lot of washing going on there.

Every family that is financially able to has their very own mosque on their property with full staff. There are no need for alarm clocks here as the call to prayer marks the time 5x daily and starts at around 4am and is broadcast on loudspeakers - which happened to be about 10 meters from my guestroom window  :P

There are jeeps there as well - just like others places in the philippines - however due to their traditional belief that no images of any spiritual or divine being be portrayed - you find most jeeps covered in video game logos - as gaming is very popular in the ARMM region (pop-music Icon logos are rarely found also - just like you see very few jeeps in Manila with Tanduay or Condom logos - while you will may find 1 or 2 - its just not too proper of a logo... )

This is a house built by relatives over 400 years ago. Yes - it is OVER 400 years old and the same family has lived there for 4 centuries. With their own rules, laws and policy... understanding that we can begin to see why such areas prefer to keep their own views/laws instead of adopting the current ones that came to power genrations after they were already established here.

It looks like an old house UNTIL you examine it closely. It looks as if the posts were carved from living trees on the spot without even being uprooted. Quite sturdy too - withstanding 4 centuries of weather.

Several families have their \'family mosque\' overlooking THE nice lake (the name of these people translates to english as THE PEOPLE OF THE LAKE)... rather relaxing if I might add - to meditate with a cool breeze blowing and the sound of fresh water

A busy street at the MSU (Mindanao State University) campus. We see a girl in this photo with her head uncovered, however her head covering is still on her shoulders. That is passable - as if a man in manila walked down the street with his polyester shirt unbottoned just a few buttons down...  looked at the same way...

University staff

Hardest place in the world to take photos... family elders cautioned me to never be seen with a camera in public. (how many photos have YOU personally seen taken of the ARMM region civilians??) Reaction to cameras is pictured below IF THEY ARE POLITE. SO that was the first and LAST time I let my camera go anywhere near people outside of the immediate family.

At the end of my stay there - people warmed up

Note - I counted a total of ONE BANK when I was there. I am sure that adds to their distrust of cameras. People there simply do not trust banks (and for good reason) - chances are all of their families monies are hidden somewhere - and a camera is probably a sign that someone is out to find their money... Were not talking small fries either - Im talking millions in Euros or USD. When that massacare suspect family was raided they found millions upon millions of pesos... That is 100% normal when all family keep their money hidden on their own property. Which also gives need for private/family security. A relative spent 80 million pesos during his last elections. Most of that was from his own pocket. And people question why politicians drive with blacked out vehicle windows and an entourage of armed guards.

The only problem is that your Competition probably also spent 80 million peso and the loser does not get ANY of that money back....  what would you do to make sure you win  :-X - But politics is not for me at all... due to many factors.

We have many expats retiring here with peanuts who also make sure they have guns in the house for protection... How many guns would you need if you had a few million USD buried in that house of yours folks  :o Then how many family members do you have to house in order to keep your things secured from \'outsiders\'  :D

Little by little - we can begin to see the big picture.. does not take a rocket scientist.

Nevertheless it is still high noon in the OK corral
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

dylanaz, I realize your subject title is a come-on! Kinda like your style as learned with time!!

The ~~PHOTOS~~  posted are GRRRReat news for a given area within the Island that has so many questions!!

QUOTE: \"Little by little - we can begin to see the big picture.. does not take a rocket scientist.\"

That becomes, how small is that area in regards to the BIGGER picture of the situation as over all.........of the Island in question by many?

QUOTE: \"Nevertheless it is still high noon in the OK corral\"
B-Ray

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
That becomes, how small is that area in regards to the BIGGER picture of the situation as over all.........of the Island in question by many?

I forgot to mention all photos were in the city of Marawi.

Marawi is the HQ and center of those people and their beliefs. As Lanao del Sur\'s capital city, Marawi serves as the province\'s commercial, educational, cultural, religious, and political center. (source)

I guess you can say its their \"Manila\"  :P
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog