Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Social Security and Pensions / Re: UK Citizen and Company Pensions
« Last post by hayling on Today at 07:38:24 AM »
Your address will become the issue.  I still keep my US bank account, but use a sister's address as my address for that account.  Zero problems so far and been on tourist visa for 4 years.  Might have to do one of those "buy and address" things.  My dad did that when he had a motor home.  Paid some low cost(think it was $200) for legal ownership(shared) of property in Montana. He always had Montana license plates and all on it.  But that got him a Montana post office box that would be forwarded to his real address.

It saved him money on insurance and licenses and all that.  But I know there are other setups like that across the country.

Thanks so much will look at the options, see what theer is although to sedn from the UK to USA and then to PI seems a long waya round, not to mention losing on all the conversion rates and exchanges.
Social Security and Pensions / Re: UK Citizen and Company Pensions
« Last post by JoeLP on Today at 06:24:22 AM »
Your address will become the issue.  I still keep my US bank account, but use a sister's address as my address for that account.  Zero problems so far and been on tourist visa for 4 years.  Might have to do one of those "buy and address" things.  My dad did that when he had a motor home.  Paid some low cost(think it was $200) for legal ownership(shared) of property in Montana. He always had Montana license plates and all on it.  But that got him a Montana post office box that would be forwarded to his real address.

It saved him money on insurance and licenses and all that.  But I know there are other setups like that across the country.
Social Security and Pensions / UK Citizen and Company Pensions
« Last post by hayling on Today at 05:02:55 AM »
Hello
I am a UK citizen, I currently live in New York, have been here 8 years, and have a Citi Bank checking account. As I have not lived or visited the UK for 9 years I can not have a UK bank account.
I have two company pensions, only around 600GBP each month that are currently paid into my US Citibank account.

I am shortly to move to the Philippines and will be initially on a tourist visa renewing, until I can establish there with my Filipino partner.
My question is this.....Initially I can still have my US Citibank account, but as I will no longer maintain a US address, this is likely to become risky to keep, and I am paying for my pensions to be transferred into US$, and soon into PHP.....what would be my best options for securring a reliable monthly balance?
I suspect I can't open an account in PI to start, but I wonder if anyone else has had similar situations?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Photo Section / Re: My Asawa
« Last post by grahamw on August 23, 2017, 11:31:40 PM »
Thanks David. Yes, I'd say pretty happy... thanks.  :)
« Last post by David690 on August 23, 2017, 09:59:52 PM »
Both beautiful Graham, I'm sure you are a very happy guy.
Philippine Culture, Filipino Family Relationships / Re: Does this mean I'm a Scrooge?
« Last post by bigrod on August 23, 2017, 08:11:20 PM »
I got married to my 1st Filipina in 1980 and have been around Filipinos for almost 40 years now. living here for 7 years.  I also do not have the problems discribed here.  I have family living in the area and they understand my house has different rules than the family compound.  No one goes into the master bedroom unless my wife or I are in there, we do not lock the door.  I am usually in it since it has A/C and the PC and a 42" flat screen.  Normally they watch the 48" in the sala.  From day one it was understood that the little ones do not grab things on the tables/consoles, etc.  At almost 70 years old I am still a firm believer in children still being disciplined.  If you won't stop them from misbehaving I will in my house.  If you don't like it get out and don't comeback.  They all understand the rules.  The little ones are now older and normally all I have to do is say their name and give the look. ;D

Chuck
I continue to be blown away by the people you all have come to your house.   I have been in filipino family's for close to 30 years, and have lived here for 5 years, with TONS of people coming to the house all the time.   And never, not one time, have I ever experienced the crap that you all do.    Knock on wood I guess
Expat life in Philippines / Re: The Gardening Thread
« Last post by HappyBee on August 23, 2017, 03:56:22 PM »
Yes... good idea for a thread.

Our 'garden' (half-hectare) is a bit of a construction site at the moment, but my wife has already planted some stuff around the perimeter. (Ampalaya, runner beans, Papaya, etc).

I will report back !

Awesome... a huge blank canvas :)
« Last post by grahamw on August 23, 2017, 06:31:05 AM »
Thanks.  :)

« Last post by bcnorth on August 23, 2017, 05:38:13 AM »
What a beautiful wife and good looking son. Family life can't get much than what you have!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog