Author Topic: Bayleaf Hotel Opening Cavite  (Read 2693 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Bayleaf Hotel Opening Cavite
« on: July 31, 2015, 08:46:56 PM »
The Bayleaf Hotel in Intramuros is opening a second property in General Trias, Cavite in Feb 2016.  The hotel will be located near the Lyceum University of the Philippines Cavite on Governors Drive.  The 150+ room will have 2 restaurants. pool, bar, etc.  We have stayed at the Intramuros property and have enjoyed our stay.  If the new property is anything like that it will provide a nice dinning restaurant in the local are which I think will include a rooftop bar/entertainment venue.
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Bayleaf Hotel Opening Cavite
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 12:38:24 PM »
Well we finally tried the restaurant*Atrium) at Bayleaf in General Trias, Cavite.  The restaurant is huge running the length of the hotel between the room wings with a 7 story ceiling.  Nice menu variety, we had lasagna and a shrimp pasta both were very good especially for the Philippines.  We had 2 glasses of wine one red and a white, they both came chilled.:o So asked for the Executive Chef if he was available, understand most of the staff are students at the Lyceum of the Philippines which is next door to the hotel.  The students work as part of the Hospitality curriculum as I understand it.  After a few minutes the Exec Chef came to chat, surprisingly we both have the same surname and both of us are from Calif.  We chatted and told him I knew the Exec Chef at their other hotel in Intramuros plus stayed and dined their a few times, etc.  Mentioned the chilled red wine and he winced. ;D  Said they still have a training program on going because classes graduate/move on/etc.  Great conversation between us and he left to continue his duties saying he would be back before we finished.  A few minutes later the waitress brought a glass of none chilled red wine, stating this was from the Exec Chef. :D  We finished our dinner with a Chocolate Banana Crepe.  The Exec Chef came back before we left and presented his card saying next time call him ahead of our visit so he can make something special.  There is another restaurant(Fields) and a large bar/lounge(B8) on the 8th floor.  Will try them another time.  The bill for the two entrees, wine and dessert was less than php 1700 including the 10% service charge.  Nicest dinning establishment in the local area I know of.

Chuck

Offline David690

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:14:58 PM »
Well we finally tried the restaurant*Atrium) at Bayleaf in General Trias, Cavite.  The restaurant is huge running the length of the hotel between the room wings with a 7 story ceiling.  Nice menu variety, we had lasagna and a shrimp pasta both were very good especially for the Philippines.  We had 2 glasses of wine one red and a white, they both came chilled.:o So asked for the Executive Chef if he was available, understand most of the staff are students at the Lyceum of the Philippines which is next door to the hotel.  The students work as part of the Hospitality curriculum as I understand it.  After a few minutes the Exec Chef came to chat, surprisingly we both have the same surname and both of us are from Calif.  We chatted and told him I knew the Exec Chef at their other hotel in Intramuros plus stayed and dined their a few times, etc.  Mentioned the chilled red wine and he winced. ;D  Said they still have a training program on going because classes graduate/move on/etc.  Great conversation between us and he left to continue his duties saying he would be back before we finished.  A few minutes later the waitress brought a glass of none chilled red wine, stating this was from the Exec Chef. :D  We finished our dinner with a Chocolate Banana Crepe.  The Exec Chef came back before we left and presented his card saying next time call him ahead of our visit so he can make something special.  There is another restaurant(Fields) and a large bar/lounge(B8) on the 8th floor.  Will try them another time.  The bill for the two entrees, wine and dessert was less than php 1700 including the 10% service charge.  Nicest dinning establishment in the local area I know of.

Chuck

Sounds like a great place, good food and exceptional service.  Good to hear.
On the matter of the chilled red wine, it is not unusual, in fact I do it myself, to have red slightly chilled, mostly in hot climates.  Not to the same degree as you would chill a white wine of course, but sufficient that by the time it is poured and allowed to breathe it is just slightly above room temperature.
Londoner at heart

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 10:26:38 PM »
Sounds like a great place, good food and exceptional service.  Good to hear.
On the matter of the chilled red wine, it is not unusual, in fact I do it myself, to have red slightly chilled, mostly in hot climates.  Not to the same degree as you would chill a white wine of course, but sufficient that by the time it is poured and allowed to breathe it is just slightly above room temperature.

The red was chilled the same as a white or sparkling would be chilled.  Being a California boy and having lived in Europe for almost 10 years I still prefer my reds the old way which is room temperature.  Agree some do like reds chilled but since I am the one paying the bill I prefer it the way I like it. 

Chuck

Offline David690

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 10:41:51 PM »
The red was chilled the same as a white or sparkling would be chilled.  Being a California boy and having lived in Europe for almost 10 years I still prefer my reds the old way which is room temperature.  Agree some do like reds chilled but since I am the one paying the bill I prefer it the way I like it. 

Chuck

The optimal serving temperature for red wines is usually considered to be between 62-68 degrees, and white wines probably between 49-55 degrees. I'd suggest that in most restaurants here the room temperature is over 70 degrees, hence my suggestion put it in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving it.  But of course as you so rightly say, you're paying the bill so you can it however you like it.
Londoner at heart

Offline soup464

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 06:21:39 AM »
The optimal serving temperature for red wines is usually considered to be between 62-68 degrees, and white wines probably between 49-55 degrees. I'd suggest that in most restaurants here the room temperature is over 70 degrees, hence my suggestion put it in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving it.  But of course as you so rightly say, you're paying the bill so you can it however you like it.

That's what I thought as well, thanks.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 01:20:45 PM »

Chuck

NICE!!  Hard to beat a great experience at a restaurant.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog