Author Topic: meeting members  (Read 828 times)

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
meeting members
« on: June 29, 2017, 03:44:24 PM »
My wife and I had the opportunity to meet Lou (aka Balutsky), and his significant other yesterday.  Great visit and both are great people, had a few beers, ate some decent food.   Good visit!!!
Its always good to put a face to a name, maybe at sometime in the future, those that live close to each other can get together occasionally. 

Offline JD

• Sr Member
Re: meeting members
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
That's great, jjcabgou.

My wife is always after me when we go out to say hello to obvious expats or visitors. She's like, "You didn't look! He smiled at us!" My hearing is terrible, though, and conversing is hard so I usually just keep to myself. I did smile and nod at a fellow in the mall last week. He was holding one of his two babies and making "Dad" faces at it. Hard to resist babies.  :)

We're sort of friends with a couple who own a beer distributorship down here. He's American. We've not had real quality time with them, usually seeing them at eateries for beer purposes. Been a while since we did even that. Maybe I should make more of an effort.

Glad you had a nice time!

Offline balutsky

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 08:14:13 PM »
My wife and I had the opportunity to meet Lou (aka Balutsky), and his significant other yesterday.  Great visit and both are great people, had a few beers, ate some decent food.   Good visit!!!
Its always good to put a face to a name, maybe at sometime in the future, those that live close to each other can get together occasionally.
Definitely agree that it was a great get together.  We had such a fine time and you are an awesome host.  Looking forward to meeting other members on here.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 10:09:27 AM »
Well their was a Birthday Party party Saturday in Tagaytay!  It was Jeff's(jjcabgou) birthday, not going to out him about his age. ;)  It was held in Jeff and his asawa's lovely home. Got to meet Lou(balutsky) and Kate for the first time.  Gladys and I enjoyed the comradery, food and drinks. For those of us who don't live with many expats in their immediate area it is great to be able to socialize with other expats.  A few of Jeff's extended family were in attendance and enjoyed meeting and conversing with them.  Thanks again to the Gould's for the invite and the wonderful time spent with you and your family.  Lou enjoyed meeting chatting with you and Kate hope we can do it gain.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 06:59:43 PM »
Well their was a Birthday Party party Saturday in Tagaytay!  It was Jeff's(jjcabgou) birthday, not going to out him about his age. ;)  It was held in Jeff and his asawa's lovely home. Got to meet Lou(balutsky) and Kate for the first time.  Gladys and I enjoyed the comradery, food and drinks. For those of us who don't live with many expats in their immediate area it is great to be able to socialize with other expats.  A few of Jeff's extended family were in attendance and enjoyed meeting and conversing with them.  Thanks again to the Gould's for the invite and the wonderful time spent with you and your family.  Lou enjoyed meeting chatting with you and Kate hope we can do it gain.

Chuck

Everything was GREAT until I woke up the next morning.   Still feeling a little hungover today.     lol @ "a few of Jeff's extended family", I believe that few was about 15, but whose counting.   It was a good time and I knew Chuck was having fun.  When you arrived you said you were going to leave before dark, well dark came and went, and "just one more" seemed to be your phrase of the night hahahahah....  Yeah it was a good time:  good beer, good company, good bs'ing, good food and good drinks.... BTW, San Mig and Emperador was BAWAL...needed a change

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 08:15:37 PM »
FYI, I made it to about 2:00am, the bottle of Johnny Walker was gone, and I sang karaoke for the first time since 1993 gate 2 street Okinawa Japan (thanks Lou)

Offline balutsky

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:12:59 PM »
FYI, I made it to about 2:00am, the bottle of Johnny Walker was gone, and I sang karaoke for the first time since 1993 gate 2 street Okinawa Japan (thanks Lou)

Chuck
We also had a good time, no doubt.  It was nice meeting you Chuck and your better half. 

Jeff, thanks for having us. The karaoke is a blast.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 09:16:40 PM »
JJ,
Sorry we missed your karaoke night, but anyways belated Happy Birthday.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:39:39 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog