Author Topic: Veco closing Cebu SM City branch  (Read 130 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Veco closing Cebu SM City branch
« on: August 01, 2017, 12:45:44 AM »
Curious how most of you pay your electric bill, in the past we went to SM City once a month to pay while shopping, could have gone to 7-11 and paid in cash but they would not take over payments and we like to prepay when we know we will not be around when the bill comes.  I tried paying Veco online at Bank of Commerce and for some reason Veco never got paid until I called the bank manager and they looked into it, in the  meantime I had to pay it in cash since I was already very late and then sometime later BOC finally paid it, BOC would not reverse the payment so we ended up with a major credit.

So how do you guys and gals handle your electric bills?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
Re: Veco closing Cebu SM City branch
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 01:57:10 AM »
Curious how most of you pay your electric bill, in the past we went to SM City once a month to pay while shopping, could have gone to 7-11 and paid in cash but they would not take over payments and we like to prepay when we know we will not be around when the bill comes.  I tried paying Veco online at Bank of Commerce and for some reason Veco never got paid until I called the bank manager and they looked into it, in the  meantime I had to pay it in cash since I was already very late and then sometime later BOC finally paid it, BOC would not reverse the payment so we ended up with a major credit.

So how do you guys and gals handle your electric bills?
There was an issue for May & June. I used Smart Money to pay CENECO and on June 16th, the shut us off. When we went there, we found that Smart Money took the money but didn't pay CENECO until later on. CENECO apologized profusely and put it back on within 2-3 hours. It can happen.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 06:24:42 AM »
I pay all of our bills via our BPI on-line homebanking like our: monthly Meralco electric bill, PLDT phone/internet, Smart postpaid account, water bill and our HOA one time annual payments. We pay in cash one year in advance our cable tv service, vehicle Ins, my wife's PhilHealth premiums and our home's property tax. Never had any issues paying our monthly or one time annual payments of our bills.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:31:38 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 07:17:08 AM »
I pay Meralco and PLDT with our BDO Visa CC auto debit.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 01:45:54 PM »
Unfortunately, CENOCO (Electric) and BACIWA (Water) don't list on BPI Bill Pay. I wish it did. I still have to pay water at SM.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog