Author Topic: How much is too much?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: How much is too much?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 06:55:32 AM »
Keep the replies coming and thank you to those who have already replied and especially to those who appreciate the time and effort I have put in trying to post things which I hope are of help to others. We all should keep in mind that what is helpful to one or more may not be helpful to all, such as posts about US laws may not be helpful to members from other countries and posts about laws in other countries may not be helpful to members who are not from those countries. I am an avid news reader, so whenever I come across something that I think might be of help or be of interest to members or readers of the forum, then I post it, it is up to each member if they want to read each post or read the ones they wish to read, and then click on the "Mark ALL MESSAGES AS READ" on the bottom of the forum pages so the ones they are not interested in no longer show as new posts.

As for the republican or other political items members mentioned, only "senior member +" category members can see those because those posts and posted in the hidden sections of the forum, so if anyone has 50 posts or more, then feel free to ask in the announcement section http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=50503.msg74159#new
to be moved into that member category but only if you wish to read or participate in "politics, religion or other bs chat" that does not belong on the main forum and does not show to readers, new members and full members.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Splooge Magoo

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 11:06:41 PM »
Keep them coming Lee. I enjoy reading different view points to test my own thoughts.
Dan

Offline Frosty

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 11:08:59 PM »
You keep do your thing Mr. Lee
I'll keep reading
thanks

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »
No problem with what's happening. After all it is an internet forum, if anyone gets heart burn or butthurt move on to another forum.

Offline bigpearl

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 01:23:24 PM »
I'm only new here, well been a member for a year or so but not really followed what was going on, am still a member on other sites and wrote regularly on one of those, the forum on that site disappeared. (Guess you all know that site)
This site seems energetic and has great input from all readers/members, as to someone posting too much, as others have said "don't read it"
a bit like some of my friends in Facebook, if they continually post rubbish or things I am not interested in I skim past it or if too prolific I unfollow them. They still see me as a friend but i don't see their posts. (rubbish)
As for the perpetrator/s with so much input, never stop, keep writing, most of us appreciate, that's why we are here.
Cheers, Steve

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 01:35:07 PM »
I am not sure how many members realize this but the more content,  the more people find the forum when searching online, thus the more new people join and members make a forum...
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 04:57:26 PM »
You are doing an excellent job my friend. Sorry I've been offline. PLDT was down for days. Then when today they finally fix it, it redirects for non payment. WTF? I paid it on the 3rd like I have been for 8 years. PLDT had it they just didn't post it. But.....It's more pun in da Philippines!

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline Travelling Bob

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 10:16:09 AM »
I enjoy reading the forum but do not post much. Just keep posting Mr Lee

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 12:53:00 PM »
It is a nice forum.   My wife and I found the topics of interest.         
“Old men do not grow wise. They grow careful.”
“Keep on rocking in the free world”

Offline Kurt

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 10:56:28 AM »
Keep them coming Lee2. Very good reading.
Kurt

Offline JD

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 08:57:03 PM »
I'm thinking that the only cure for somone making ALL the posts is to contribute one's own self.

Offline D. Williams

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 02:05:38 AM »
I'm thinking that the only cure for somone making ALL the posts is to contribute one's own self.
An old topic that I just remembered to bring back up. I hardly ever post, I read and learn from those of you who do.
Very true JD.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 05:04:38 PM »
I wish I could come up with topics but it's not often I'll work on that, I do like some spirited conversation though but never kill the messenger, keep posting Lee.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline HappyBee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 09:08:51 AM »
I find 90% of the posts on this forum to be interesting and I enjoy being here. If no one else posts, someone has to carry the can! Good on you, Lee :)
^^ Just my personal opinion... take it or leave it!

Offline grahamw

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 05:05:04 AM »
I also appreciate it when others make so much of an effort to help to keep a forum alive and interesting.

Many thanks.  :)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog