Author Topic: Fishing adventures  (Read 3096 times)

Offline callme

• Sr Member
Fishing adventures
« on: February 15, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »
Is there any place near Manalia where we can rent a fishingadventure?
Anyone who knows about the price level?

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
Re: Fishing adventures
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
We are not allowed to post websites here  >:(, but try googling \"pantabangan fishing\" and go from there.  Some monster large mouth bass are being taken with rod and reel there.

Riceman

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:14:35 PM »
We are not allowed to post websites here  >:(
Riceman

Sorry this is so late, everyone, but somehow I completely missed this post earlier.  Forgive my late response.

It is important to note this however because Riceman is incorrect in making his statement about websites not being allowed to be posted here on LinPC.  Sorry Riceman, no harm, no foul.   :)   
Please allow me to inform everyone that we do allow website URL\'s to be posted, just not competing blogs or discussion groups.   ;)   ;D   ;D     

Links to fishing sites, tour groups, resorts/hotels are all allowed, so long as the poster isn\'t the owner of said commercial venture.  No free advertising!   ;)   :) 

http://www.e-philippines.com.ph/products-page/gamefishing/pantabangan-lake-bass-fishing-experience/

And for other \"adventures\" their home page lists many:  http://www.e-philippines.com.ph/

(This is not an endorsement of e-Philippines. We have no commercial connection to them. We neither endorse nor condemn the site. - Admin)   ;D  ;D  ;D

Louisville, KY USA

Offline callme

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 02:38:49 AM »
Hi, just came home from The philippines and I can tell you guys that we had a fishing adventure, in Boracay.
It wasn\'t what I expected, but still, its a good memory.
I asked one of these guides who nag you at White Beach if he knew anything about going out to the sea for some fishing.
Oh yes, he could fix it. 1500p for the boat and 700 pr equipment and then 100p for the bait.
I said oki, and told him to bring two rods with reels for me and my son, Honey followed as well, not to fish just to take a trip.
The boat was one of these catamarans they use in Boracay and thats fine to us. Of course we understood that we would be close to the shore with that boat, no deep sea fishing.
But when he showed me the the equipment I understood that this is The Philippines, not Norway.
700p for that crap was highway robbery, the rod was broken and the reel was rusty.
But we where at the open sea, no time to argue so we made the best out of it.
The no fishing lady was the first to catch a fish, she used a plastic bottle with a line and a hook with a bait, thats it. Thats was her first fish to catch ever, and she was very excited, lol. All in all she catched four fishes, and my son took 3. I lost a big one and got home without any fish.
All in all did we have a fun tour even the equipment was crap and we didn\'t get far out. But for those who want to try something similar do I recommend you to bring your own equipment.

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:15:39 AM »
So what kinda fish and what size?

Didn\'t notice many/any catamarans on Boracay they\'re more trimarans and are called paraws

Offline callme

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 04:25:48 AM »

Didn\'t notice many/any catamarans on Boracay they\'re more trimarans and are called paraws
I have tried to post a pic 200 times now, you guys reallly have a serious trouble with this website.

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 05:16:56 AM »
callme wrote;
I have tried to post a pic 200 times now, you guys reallly have a serious trouble with this website. 

callme, there\'s nothing wrong with the website.  Many of our members, probably hundreds, have already posted fotos here.  Heck, if I can do it then you can too.  There\'s more than one way to do this but the following is the preferred method.  This is copied from a post by our member R&A Grizzi in the \"How to Add Photos To Your Posts\" thread;

1. Make sure to remember where you loaded your pictures on the computer. Sounds simple, but I have known people that have downloaded from their cameras and coldn\'t find where they put the pics. Usually, it will go into a picture folder automatically...usually that is...lol.

2. Go to http://photobucket.com/ and get open an account. Once that is opened, you can start the fun part of posting.

3. To upload pictues, click upload images. If you have only one or two pictures, just click browes and load them up. If you are loading many pictures, click Bulk upload. Select the photo\'s you want to upload to Photobucket.

4. Once you are uploaded, go to bottom right of screen, and click \"show all\".  That will put all your pictures on the same screen. Under each picture there is a checkbox. Check each box for the pictures you want to upload to LINP.

5. Now, go to the bottom of the screen and click \"Generate HTML and IMG code\".

6. This screen has 5 different information downloads for you.  The one you want is \"IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards\".  This will put a thumbnail picture on your post that when clicked will enlarge. Highlight ALL the information in this box and right click your mouse. Click copy.

7. Open LINP and the topic you want to upload the pictures to. (either add to someone else\'s post or start your own). If you have more than one picture, and you want them to show up vertically in your post, you have to seperate each picture. Remember that each picture starts with a [URL  and ends with a [/URL].  If you put a space or two between pictures, you can add text between pictures.

So, if done properly you insert...

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 09:08:07 AM »

Like this?

or this

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »

It\'s too easy if you follow our directions.  What method are you attempting?  Trying to reinvent the wheel?   ;D
Louisville, KY USA

Offline BigBird

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 03:03:23 AM »
They have fishing equipment in the philippines?   ::)

I thought it was all just twine wrapped around a stick with a home made hook.  Or a spear gun made with a big rubber band to sling shot the hand made spears.

I do know of one house deep in the province on Dinagat that has a new hugh monster surf rod and reel on the wall.  Did they ever laugh at me when I showed up with that piece of gear.  It just hangs on the wall for laughs and stories about me.  But my tackel box caught the eye of every one and today it is all gone except for my rod and reel. 

Every cast was a good snag and cut line.  Just all big black rocks on the water bottoms!  And since it was as long as the boat it never went out to sea.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog