Author Topic: Drag racing  (Read 2355 times)

Drag racing
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:20:06 PM »
If anybody in Pampanga is into drag racing there is a nice new race track in Clark base, called Clark International Speedway.

It is not just drags, but various car and bike cicrcuit racing too. I went for the first time last Saturday, had a good day there hanging with some racer buddies of mine. Here are their cars:

Offline Knowdafish

• Sr Member
Re: Drag racing
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:48:57 AM »
Cool! I can hear the sound of open headers now!  ;D

Do they have a christmas tree at the starting line? I can\'t tell from the pics.

1/4 mile I assume? Fastest time you saw when you were there?

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:26 AM »
Cool! I can hear the sound of open headers now!  ;D

Do they have a christmas tree at the starting line? I can\'t tell from the pics.

1/4 mile I assume? Fastest time you saw when you were there?

Oh yes, they have the full Xmas tree, timing lights, speed trap, and you get the ticket at the end of the run.

I was there about mid July and that Blue Haze roadster did a 10.6.

It is the last meeting of the season I think, and a lot of the cars are broken now or out of the runnings. There was a car running 8.5 second quarter, but it crashed and broke into many pieces! It was front wheel drive four cylinder turbo.

Next race is 11th September, and I shall be driving a \'68 Camaro: Blown Crazy.  ;D It is a friends car, not mine, and I used to race it ten years ago, and I\'ll take over the hot seat again now we\'ve moved back there.

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:21:10 PM »
.. brings back memories,..... can remember 20 years ago or more, taking our annual long weekend down to Santa Pod, brilliant buzz watching the top fuellers. Seen the American Sammy Millar (I think) breaking the UK record with his rocket car \"Vanishing point\",.. what a noise !! Was is 3 or 4 seconds ?? cant remember.
Like the photos though,...

Jonny
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 01:42:06 AM »
Interesting .... I am over in December for a few weeks, staying nearby at San Fernando. Is there likely to be a meeting then?

Paul
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 02:20:20 AM »
Have a Google for \'Clark International Speedway\'. I thought they had their own website, but I can\'t seem to find it now.

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 12:34:36 AM »
Thanks, found the link below:

http://www.batangasracingcircuit.com/

Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 01:39:51 AM »
Thanks, found the link below:

http://www.batangasracingcircuit.com/

That\'s a different track actually, but I\'m very surprised Clark don\'t appear to have their own web page. Nothing shows on Google, apart from mentions on other websites.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog