Author Topic: SUPER BLUE BLOOD MOON  (Read 759 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
SUPER BLUE BLOOD MOON
« on: January 31, 2018, 08:28:01 PM »
It's been in the news and all, and even social media.  But for those who haven't heard, at 8:50pm on Jan. 31 there will be a super blue blood moon.  Happens about every 150 years.

2nd full moon in the same month makes it a blue moon.  The closeness to earth makes it appear 13% larger and 40% brighter and that makes it a supermoon.  Then at the end of the eclipse it will have a red tint/color to it making it a blood moon.  The eclipse part is what starts at around 8:50.  Just look east. 

The time is for the Philippines.  Should end around 10:15.  So look around 10 or so if you want to see the red tint at the end of the eclipse.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Re: SUPER BLUE BLOOD MOON
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:48:53 PM »
10:15 ????  That was an hour and a half ago.  I will just have to watch for the next one.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:15:12 AM »
10:15 ????  That was an hour and a half ago.  I will just have to watch for the next one.

Let's plan a forum reunion/get together for that time.  See how many of us can get together at some location in the Phils upon which we can agree.  It will be fun to get together 150 years from now.  I am going to keep my calendar clear for the occasion of the next blue blood moon, so I can attend the forum meet-up.

Offline cebunole

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 04:01:12 AM »
Jan 31, 2037, will be the next one.

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 05:03:31 AM »
Jan 31, 2037, will be the next one.

What happened to the 150-year interval?

January 2037 is getting close.  Hardly sufficient time to organize a forum get together.  Some here will no doubt already have that date reserved for other matters.   :D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog