Author Topic: Things that upset us related to living in the Philippines  (Read 4407 times)

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Things that upset us related to living in the Philippines
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 01:01:01 PM »
Almost everything in the Philippines I have been able to make myself accustomed to.  Am no longer going to let get under my nerved. 
That said, what you two are talking about has to be the absolute most mind scratching, anger causing thing and I have not found a way to overcome it.  I literally just say in a very strong voice, "MOVE!!!" when they pull that junk.  Tina was upset at first, but now she laughs and does it herself sometimes.  Going down the isle at the supermarket.  Driving down the street behind a car.  In line at the resto.  No matter where, I have seen whatever is in front of me stop, and do nothing but start a talk with someone and have absolutely no concept that we are in a "confined area" that means I cannot get around them, and that they are blocking us....just to talk. 
I use to say move please...but it just happens to much.  So now all they get is a "MOVE!!!!".
What's crazier?  Most don't care.  They'll look around like "oh well, who cares" as they move just barely enough or an anorexic baby to squeeze through.  Which doesn't help any at all.

JoelLP... it's not that they aren't aware your trying to get by it's that you don't mean duty squat to them that's the actual truth.  I waited for a long time for this family to make room for me so I could get by in the an isle and they wouldn't they couldn't care less who was there and nobody elsed mattered so... I normally don't do this but it got me so angry that I finally got by this family and did the same thing to them and they got angry right away they couldnt' wait there was zero patience and I just kept them waiting and blocked them with my cart.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Things that upset us related to living in the Philippines
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »
Let's face it, there are things you can away from when you move here and there are things that you can't and that is one of them.  When I retired, prior to moving here, I decided I wasn't going to let so much crap get under my skin.  And I sure am not letting little crap get under my skin.  As they say, life is too short and what is left, just kick back and enjoy it.
Whatever floats your boat.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog