Author Topic: Looking for highest ATM withdrawal limits  (Read 690 times)

Offline hoz

Looking for highest ATM withdrawal limits
« on: April 13, 2018, 09:35:11 AM »
Which atms have the highest withdrawals around Cebu City, (and the PI as a whole)? Thanks to Lee2 I have used the HSBC on Cardinal Rosales across from Ayala with P40,000 but are there any others? Any with higher withdrawal amounts?

I am mostly interested in the uptown areas, Ayala, IT Park, BTC, Country Mall. But we are going to tour upper Luzon soon and I'm also interested in banks up there.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Looking for highest ATM withdrawal limits
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »
As far as I am aware of only HSBC and Citibank give 40K per transaction.  Other banks give 5-20K depending on the bank.  HSBC has ATMs on Luzon but they are mainly in the NCR.  Most banks show their ATM locations on their websites.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »
I have a USD & PhP BPI acct with ATM cards for both, each with a P20,000 per day withdrawal limit of P40,000 daily combined USD/PhP acct.
I have also withdrawn cash advances using one of my U.S credit cards. $1,500 in pesos with multiple withdraws (P20,000 per transaction) in one day and another $1,500 the following day, depending what your bank has set your daily limit at up to your maximum credit limit.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 11:47:08 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 01:23:19 PM »
Daily limits are set by your bank back home, now with that said,

UCPB I read was p40,000 for that person, worth a try. For locations https://www.ucpb.com/products/

Citi is supposed to be p50,000 right near Ayala

EastWest Bank daily limit is set at p50,000 so it also might follow that the same amount might work with a foreign card. https://www.eastwestbanker.com/#

LANDBANK Visa Debit Card has a p50,000 daily limit so it might follow that a person should be able to pull p50,000 from their machines using another Visa ATM card https://www.landbank.com/branch-locator

Has anyone tried? and Hoz if you try any of the others then please report back.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:14:35 PM »
MetroBank in our area (Bataan/Pampanga border) limit to PhP 10,000 per pull, 30,000 daily total, per Metrobank Piso account.

I have used my (UK) Bank of Scotland debit card in MetroBank locally and their (Metrobank) 10K/30K limits also applied, although I was able to withdraw more the same day (up to my BoS Sterling daily limit) in another bank's ATM. Think that was BDO, but don't quote me in that!  8)

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline hoz

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »
Thanks Lee, as usual you are a fount of information.

Looks like HSBC is it.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 07:30:52 PM »
I have withdrawn php 70+k plus with my BoA debit card from HSBC and BPI.  My BoA limit is $1500 per day.  My BoA card it seems is not limited by the local bank daily limits.

Chuck

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 07:33:09 PM »
I have withdrawn php 70+k plus with my BoA debit card from HSBC and BPI.  My BoA limit is $1500 per day.  My BoA card it seems is not limited by the local bank daily limits.

Chuck
But did you do it with one pull or multiple pulls, HSBC is one pull for p40,000, that is basically I think what Hoz is asking.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »
But did you do it with one pull or multiple pulls, HSBC is one pull for p40,000, that is basically I think what Hoz is asking.

If you read my 1st post I stated that.  HSBC is the only one I have used that gives 40K per pull, maybe Citibank does but I haven't used them.  You can pull as far I have seen amounts up to your daily limit with your foreign cards, will this entail multiple pulls? Probably!

Chuck

Offline ABCDeVil

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 12:20:08 AM »
Living in Zambales, using my BDO, its now only a 10K per transaction, but I talked with my bank and increased my daily limit to more than 50K. But still have to do 5 ATM withdrawals, without any fees charged. N0 the BDO will not allow more than 10K a transaction. So 5+ transactions it is, as this does not bother me, except when the ATM gives me P500 notes instead of P1K notes. I get the money I need anyway, so no great drama. Just need to go inside to make bigger withdrawals, that works ok too.

ABC

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog