Author Topic: Passive-Aggressive spouse :/  (Read 1618 times)

Offline piozam13

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Passive-Aggressive spouse :/
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »
We've been married for nearly four years. Things are improving in terms of communication lately, which I'm really thankful for. However the passivity about all things in life in general is driving me nuts.

I hear you are unhappy about certain things.  I hope you can find what works.    I am at a loss.  The pace of everyday life is totally different.  Maybe working at better communication and understanding of local culture is a start.

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Passive-Aggressive spouse :/
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 04:15:34 AM »
We've been married for nearly four years. Things are improving in terms of communication lately, which I'm really thankful for. However the passivity about all things in life in general is driving me nuts.

Before we got married my husband was really hard working, and I thought (understandably) that this would continue once we were married.
Nope - I only find out now that he used to work so hard because he was living with his sister and she "forced" him to work since she was housing and feeding him.
No amount of explaining, pleading, begging or entreating is working for me - he still does things at his own slow pace.

If we were living back in my country, we'd be toast financially.
And living here is gonna go that way unless he bucks up and starts to make an effort :/

My first thought when reading your comment was maybe you need to take some lessons from his sister because – Your words:

“And living here is gonna go that way unless he bucks up and starts to make an effort :/”

Either:

do something to fix it

Accept him the way he is

or leave.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog