Author Topic: Father's Day  (Read 376 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Father's Day
« on: June 15, 2017, 06:36:38 PM »
Sunday is Father's Day, what are your plans for the day?  What are you having for dinner?  Eating out or at home?

My day hopefully will just be my asawa and I taking a leisurely drive :o and a dinner for two at home.  Picked up two nice Beef Porterhouse steaks today at S&R, just under 1K total weight. :D Including baked potato and sour cream with asparagus and a nice red wine. ;)  Maybe a dessert, but it might not be needed. ::)

Chuck
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:29:44 PM by bigrod »
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline JD

• Sr Member
  • Late of Seattle, living in Davao.
    • AdoboHamburger.com
Re: Father's Day
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »
I'm not a father but my father-in-law is coming over for a visit along with my nieces and sister-in-law (and their cats, which is going to be interesting for my dog and cat here). He had a stroke a while back but gets around pretty well, considering.

It's always weird when he visits (he lives with the s-i-l) because my mother-in-law lives with us and they are estranged.

I'm sure we'll have some nice food and maybe my s-i-l will bake a cake for him.

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads out there!
"All we need, really, is a change from a near frigid to a tropical attitude of mind." - Marjory Stoneman Douglas
--------------------------------------------------
www.adobohamburger.com

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 04:01:30 PM »
Thank you. Happy Father's Day as well.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 07:19:47 PM »
I am not a father, well not that I know of ;) from my much younger years around 50 some odd years ago when I was young and foolish but we would like to wish all you fathers out there a very happy fathers day. The wife and I will go out and take advantage of some of the fathers day deals at some of the restaurants we frequent during the year and likely both of us will have a large T-bone steak, so we can give the bone to our friend for his large German shepherd, well at least I will for sure, Nila sometimes likes a Filet Mignon and of course the steaks come with all the fixings including a nice salad.     
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 11:59:31 PM »
Happy Father's Day! Attached pics:
#1 Dad, my big sis Jackie and me Summer 1956
#2 Dad and me in Jan 1958 with our new Chevrolet Impala

God bless you, Dad! We miss you!
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog