Author Topic: Diving destinations  (Read 2109 times)

Offline callme

• Sr Member
Diving destinations
« on: February 19, 2010, 09:15:17 AM »
My cousin comes to visit me in the occation of our wedding in July.
She loves to dive and have the diving certificate.

They will be some days in luzon before the wedding in Manila and then they have 8-9 days more after the wedding to spend somwhere else in PH.
Do anyone have any ideas where in Luzon they could find a nice diving spot just a few hours driving from Manila?
Then they need som other spots for the next week, what about Palawan?

All ideas and links to diving guides and destinations are most welcome.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Re: Diving destinations
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »
Tagaytay is basically straight down Roxas for 2-3 hrs....

Same road that passes by Manila bay and the US Embassy goes straight there - just changes name 3 times... but its an easy to navigate trip

Roxas - Costal Highway - Alguinaldo Hgy - Tagaytay !

A baby version of Baguio

Heres a photo of the volcano-lake 100 million tourguides kept trying to get me to go diving in.
I never dove so other suggestions are probably better - it did look nice though when I went down there into the crater where the water sits.

Lake Taal Tagaytay

I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
For me, Anilao near Batangas (only a few hours South of Manila) is a great place to do some diving. Try:

Or just to drive to Batangus pier and take the ferry to Puerto Galara / Sabang and go diving there at one of the many resorts.

For relaxing in Luzon, its hard to beat Hundred Islands or take a long, long trip up to Vigan in Ilocos for some siteseeing.

If you have the time though, fly to Cebu and check out the city, or go diving at Moaboal or take a boat to Camotes Island for a few days.  Really relaxing.

Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline ilovecdo

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:27:45 AM »
You can visit Cagayan de Oro as well! You can have whitewater rafting experience and nature trekking if you like.

(url removed by mod))
Ad Deleted From Signature ~ Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
its hard to beat Hundred Islands

100 Islands is ok, but it is a five hour coach trip from Manila to Dagupan followed by a (one hour ?) Jeepney drive. You can get to better places in less time. Just my opinion having lived in Lingayen and visited 100 Islands, but that was 20 years ago.

Palawan is good, but I am biassed as I live there ;D Tubattaha Reef is a world heritage site but is a long boat ride from Puerto Princesa.

You could also look at here is an excerpt

Among the top internationally recognized dive spots in the country are the Tubattaha Reef in the Sulu Sea; Malapascua in Cebu which offers the chance to glimpse rare treasure sharks; Balicasag island off Bohol; Anilao, Batangas; and Puerto Galera in Mindoro for its colorful corals, strong currents and big fishes.

Also well known among divers are Apo Island off Dumaguete and the surrounding islands of Palawan.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »
If they are history buffs, there is Mt. Samat near Orion in Bataan, and Corregidor Isla just off the south tip of Orion.  A ferry can take them to either local from Manila just off Roxas about a mile south of the US Embassy.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog