Author Topic: Things that you hoard the most  (Read 8570 times)

Offline Lyn

• Sr Member
Things that you hoard the most
« on: October 20, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »
As I was sorting my stuff last night, I have noticed that I hoard lots of wrist watch. I am now on my 30+ pieces. I have at least a piece of any popular brand, you name it. Recent addition to the hoarding is a burberry piece.  :-X :-X :-[ ;) I dont have a rolex yet.

I am a wrist watch fanatic, an addict if you must say. What\'s yours?

Re: Things that you hoard the most
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
I had 50 old school cameras that I bought at flee markets over a few decades. Some taking the roll film BEFORE the 35mm.  Why collect cameras?? Hell if I know, they just looked interesting to me.  Even now, I don\'t have a working camera.  ::)

When I moved to retire here in the Philippines in 04, I gave/shipped them across the Country to a camera buff, (taking some COOL pictures), I knew online when with internet AOL.

AOL, that\'s HISTORY also LMAO
B-Ray

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:40:52 PM »
As I was sorting my stuff last night, I have noticed that I hoard lots of wrist watch. I am now on my 30+ pieces. I have at least a piece of any popular brand, you name it. Recent addition to the hoarding is a burberry piece.  :-X :-X :-[ ;) I dont have a rolex yet.

I am a wrist watch fanatic, an addict if you must say. What\'s yours?

:D   \"Imelda\" of the watches  :D

I used to collect boats, never had more than 5 at a time, mostly under repair at some stage ....
10\', 16\', 31\', 42\', 54\'

.I hated to see boats \"wasting\" away so bought them really cheaply and fixed them up

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »
Used to be American and any other motorcycles for me... now... umm....

Nothing... wala po
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 10:42:32 PM »
I have an awful lots of nuts and bolts, washers, clips, stuff like that,  but it is a useful selection, that I use from time to time, not some sort of maniacal dedication to filling my house with stuff.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 03:07:27 AM »
I have an awful lots of nuts and bolts, washers, clips, stuff like that,  but it is a useful selection, that I use from time to time, not some sort of maniacal dedication to filling my house with stuff.

Sometimes people (mainly our wives) get annoyed at junk like that.... but just this week our shower door fell apart - the screws holding it together slipped through the soft aluminum hole they were mounted in..... wife got stuck in the shower - funny...

Pulled out the washers that had been sitting idle for a few years and it was fixed in 10 minutes !

SAVE DEM WARSHERS !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 03:50:29 AM »
used to be bikes ,tools.and more bikes. couldnt figger out how to ride all at one time. im a succer to any pre 1995 mercedes benz motorcars, almost cried when parting with 1973 280 SE 4.5 still have my 1990 300SEL, but its going too :( :( :( :(  when i get to PI. ill start anew and hoard hammocks ,cold beer and warm pinays.................... :) :) :) :) :)        tanks  ej.

Offline Lyn

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 12:51:45 PM »
I think I become a watch pervert!  >:( Planning to get Philip Stein soon. Gosh, I must admit I loveeeeeeeeeee american brand.

King: I do hoard lots of power tools and screws, washers, etc that I dont figure out how to use them. I shipped them all back home. Got most of them from ACE Hardware here and some from IKEA. Makes mama & papa happy :)

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 01:09:47 PM »
The only watch I loved was a midnight blue Movado that I treated myself to while working in Switzerland in 2001/2

Just like this one, it is actually blue NOT black

Offline Alohalani

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 05:08:52 PM »
I\'m a sucker for purses...let\'s just say if I sell them all back, i could get a decent house in the Phils.  Another weakness is shoes, I guess it\'s the Filipino in me.  From sandals, stilletos, running shoes, boots, u name it, I got it.  Now my hubby promised to make me a nice shoe rack as soon as I come up with the design.  Any ideas?

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »
Change your name to Imelda, then everyone will understand  ;)

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 05:39:07 PM »
Alohalani, you and my asawa would get along.  When i married her and we moved in together, i opened a 55 gallon tote and it was full of bags.  I started taking them out and saw they were coach. I have no clue about bags and brands and didn\'t care till i got to bottom of tote and saw a Coach catalog.  I was able to estimate that low end value for the bags was near $8K.  Then she had yet another tote that same size with more Coach, and other big name brand bags(Louis Vaton(sp?), and others).  Then i found her first tote of shoes.  Too much for our closet, so i go to my fathers workshop and build her a shoe rack with 24 feet in length of shoe rack space.  She filled in first night, and i saw she still had more in a tote, so thinking i would take care of the problem for good, i build a 5 level shoe rack with each shelf 8 feet long.(40 feet of shoe storage) and she filled that in one day.  I take the remainder of the loose wood i have and build a third shoe rack to fit in the only open space along the bedroom wall left.(about 12feet shoe rack space).  She fills that in a couple hours.  I ask her what she has left.  She smiled at me, kissed me, said salamat mahal, this is the most storage i ever had for my shoes, now I can display all my summer footwear at once and all my winter footwear at once.  She still had 3 totes full of winter footwear. 

Going into this relationship i honestly thought my collection of star wars figurines that dated from the original and valued at about $5K was the most expensive collection we would need to insure.  My wife has both a shoe and a bag collection that are each more valuable than my collection.  (Probably worth more than everything i owned outside my cars and house)

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
.....Then i found her first tote of shoes.  Too much for our closet, so i go to my fathers workshop and build her a shoe rack with 24 feet in length of shoe rack space.  She filled in first night, and i saw she still had more in a tote, so thinking i would take care of the problem for good, i build a 5 level shoe rack with each shelf 8 feet long.(40 feet of shoe storage) and she filled that in one day.  I take the remainder of the loose wood i have and build a third shoe rack to fit in the only open space along the bedroom wall left.(about 12feet shoe rack space).  She fills that in a couple hours.  I ask her what she has left.  She smiled at me, kissed me, said salamat mahal, this is the most storage i ever had for my shoes, now I can display all my summer footwear at once and all my winter footwear at once.  She still had 3 totes full of winter footwear.  .....

I bet she has a hell of a good income/job to support that sort of shoe addiction. I know nothing about shoes, but I\'d guess \'Coach\' is not exactly entry-level footwear.  ;D  ;D

And here was me thinking my wife was an \'addict\', with her dozen pairs of fancy footwear and handbags.  :-[ I shan\'t complain about it ever again.

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »
.....Then i found her first tote of shoes.  Too much for our closet, so i go to my fathers workshop and build her a shoe rack with 24 feet in length of shoe rack space.  She filled in first night, and i saw she still had more in a tote, so thinking i would take care of the problem for good, i build a 5 level shoe rack with each shelf 8 feet long.(40 feet of shoe storage) and she filled that in one day.  I take the remainder of the loose wood i have and build a third shoe rack to fit in the only open space along the bedroom wall left.(about 12feet shoe rack space).  She fills that in a couple hours.  I ask her what she has left.  She smiled at me, kissed me, said salamat mahal, this is the most storage i ever had for my shoes, now I can display all my summer footwear at once and all my winter footwear at once.  She still had 3 totes full of winter footwear.  .....

I bet she has a hell of a good income/job to support that sort of shoe addiction. I know nothing about shoes, but I\'d guess \'Coach\' is not exactly entry-level footwear.  ;D  ;D

And here was me thinking my wife was an \'addict\', with her dozen pairs of fancy footwear and handbags.  :-[ I shan\'t complain about it ever again.

Bing has one transparent plastic handbag so that does not need to open it at the store security checks. It also makes it easier to find things amongst all the junk she keeps in it.  ;D I think she has 2 pairs of shoes, the same as me.

Colin

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 10:49:13 PM »
I bought two pairs of trainers in New York, two years ago. (buy one, get the second pair free) They\'ll probably last me another couple of years I reckon. I also have some Pilipino Crocs, 500 pesos in Savers Mall.

Shoes look and fit far better when they are nice and cheap, something women don\'t appreciate. They\'d rather spend $100 on a pair of shoes that kill their feet, can\'t be danced in, and only get worn once......  ;D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog